From: Taco Hoekwater <taco.hoekwater@wkap.nl>
Cc: ntg-context@ntg.nl
Subject: Re: miscellaneous trivia
Date: Thu, 03 Jun 1999 08:54:19 +0000 (GMT)	[thread overview]

    David> All, 1. It seems pretty clear to me that

    David> creates a buffer by creating a file, david.tmp, on
    David> disk. But how does the buffer get saved without the logical
    David> name, as in

\jobname.tmp

This is why you can have only one unnamed buffer.

    David> 2. I am assuming, like dvi files, that it is safe to remove
    David> tuo and tui files from the system, correct?

Yes, when done with the tex file these are no longer of any use. While
you are still working, you'd better keep the tuo, since this functions
as auxiliary file.

    David> 3. Can somebody describe backspace to me? What exactly, is
    David> backspace, in the layout of a context doc?

Good question. I never used it, but my guess is that it is roughly
what LaTeX calls \evensidemargin and \oddsidemargin: the horizontal
space between the binding and the start of the body text. Terminology
is a little different from LaTeX here, because 'backspace' is a
constant instead of a two fold parameter.

Greetings, Taco