* why no indentation?
@ 1999-06-29  9:51 Wybo Dekker
From: Wybo Dekker @ 1999-06-29  9:51 UTC (permalink / raw)

I started making a book, using oefen01.tex as a starting point.
I wanted paragraph indentation, so I tried adding (in the preamble:

\inspringen[ja]

or

\stelinspringenin[groot]

or both, but got no indentation.
When I reduced my preamble to almost nothing, \stelinspringenin[groot]
gave me my indentation, but \inspringen[ja] did not. I probably don't
understand the two staements, possibly \inspringen[ja] works only
once?

Here is the current preamble for my book, which does not indent
paragraphs (I'd love any other comments, I probably do many things wrong):

\setupoutput[pdftex] \pdfcompresslevel=0
\setupwhitespace[none]
\setuppagenumbering     [alternative=doublesided,
                         place={footer,margin}]

\setuphead              [chapter]
                        [alternative=inmargin,
                         character=bold,
                         page=right]
\indenting[yes]   %<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<
\setupwhitespace
\setupcombinedlist[content][nivea=chapter,alternative=c]
\setupregister[index][n=1,chapternumber=yes]
\setupcolors[state=start]

% the next two definitions should probably by in a separate file? How?
\definedescription
  [description]
  [location=hanging,        % implemented recently
   margin=standard,
   headstyle=bold]

\definestartstop
  [descriptions]
  [before=\blank\startpacked,
   after=\stoppacked\blank,
   commands=\let\item\description]

% use \chap instead of \chapter, as most of our chapter titles will be
% like:
%
% 1 The second World War
%   (1940-1945)
%
% which we make with \chap{The second World War}{(1940-1945)}
% while the introduction will be produced with \chap{Inleiding}{}

\def\chap#1#2{\chapter{#1\tfa\\ #2}}
\language[nl]
\starttext
\startstandardmakeup
\startalignment[middle]
  {\tfd\bf The title of my book}
  \blank[big,medium]
  This is a subtitle which I want in two lines which succeeds

  only with an empty line in between, not with two backslashes
  \blank[big,medium]
  {\tfb Wybo Dekker}
\stopalignment
\vfill