Hi everybody, Attached are two files, that together should allow Context to use the psnfss virtual fonts from a 'standard' TeX installation instead of the texnansi encoded fonts. I don't see a good reason why one would want to do that, but it was easier to create these files than to create a distrib of the needed metrics for LY1. Notes: a) would someone please verify that this works on a virgin context installation? (mine is too weird for that) b) fontec.tex is an example file. Hans, could you please look at it's preamble to see if I missed something (had to patch context to get this to work...) c) font-ber only works for Times/Helv/Cour. If anyone knows the other metric file names, please post them. d) enco-ec has a trick to use pre-built '\c c'. This could be applied to the other font encoding files as well. e) if anyone needs the tie accent, please let me know how to code it... f) enco-ec.tex also supports \k from LaTeX (the ogonek accent) g) eng -> \ng Eng -> \NG eth/thorn -> \th Eth/Thorn -> \TH dutch ij -> \ij dutch IJ -> \IJ h) of course no \dotlessj unless you patch the vf files yourself, and no prebuilts either, but this is normal for PS fonts i) Hans, can the '\"{a} => because of braces always \" in 7t encoding' quasi-feature be safely removed? It's the silliest thing in context I've seen so far... Greetings, Taco -- Taco Hoekwater taco.hoekwater@wkap.nl Kluwer Academic Publishers -- Pre Press -- Achterom 119, 3311 KB Dordrecht, The Netherlands tel. 31-78-6392550 ---------------------------------------------------------------------