* Placing a section ending depending on odd/even sectionnumber
@ 2020-08-04 16:56 Willi Egger
From: Willi Egger @ 2020-08-04 16:56 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: NTG-Context ConTeXt users

Hi,

now I have another hurdle to be taken :-) — Depending on the odd or even number of the section I have to place an ornament at the end of the section.

I have sofar the following setup:

\define\stopmysection
  {\setups{endsection}}

\startsetups endsection
	\doifelse
		{\currentheadnumber} %{\headnumber[section][current]}{odd}
		{even}
 	{\vfil
 		{\bf End of even numbered section}
 		\stopsection%
		}
		{\vfil
			{\bf End of odd numbered section}
			\stopsection%
		}
\stopsetups

\starttext

	\startsection[title=Ward]

		\setuppagenumbering[conversion=romannumerals]

		\input ward
	\stopmysection

	\startsection[title=Knuth]
		\setuppagenumbering[conversion=numbers]

		\input knuth

	\stopmysection

\stoptext

However the the evaluation of the sectionnumber results always in “false”, having therefore always odd as a sectionending.

What to change in order to get the desired result?

Kind regards

Willi

* Re: Placing a section ending depending on odd/even sectionnumber
@ 2020-08-04 17:46 ` Wolfgang Schuster
From: Wolfgang Schuster @ 2020-08-04 17:46 UTC (permalink / raw)

Willi Egger schrieb am 04.08.2020 um 18:56:
> Hi,
>
> now I have another hurdle to be taken :-) — Depending on the odd or even number of the section I have to place an ornament at the end of the section.
>
> I have sofar the following setup:
>
> [...]
>
> However the the evaluation of the sectionnumber results always in “false”, having therefore always odd as a sectionending.

You have two problem:

1. To get the current value for \currentheadnumber you have use
\determineheadnumber[section] before you use it but the example below
shows a better method.

2. What you do with \doifelse{...}{even} is to compare the numeric value
of the section with the string "even" which is always false. To check
whether the value is odd or even you have to use the \ifodd command.

> What to change in order to get the desired result?

%%%% begin example
\startsetups [section:odd]
   \vfill
   \bold {End of odd numbered section}
\stopsetups

\startsetups [section:even]
   \vfill
   \bold {End of even numbered section}
\stopsetups

\startsetups [section:end]
   \ifodd\namedheadnumber{section}
     \directsetup{section:odd}
   \else
     \directsetup{section:even}
   \fi
\stopsetups

\setuphead
   [section]
   [aftersection=\directsetup{section:end}]

\starttext

\startsection[title=Ward]
\input ward
\stopsection

\page

\startsection[title=Knuth]
\input knuth
\stopsection

\stoptext
%%%% end example

Wolfgang

* Re: Placing a section ending depending on odd/even sectionnumber
@ 2020-08-05 11:39   ` Willi Egger
From: Willi Egger @ 2020-08-05 11:39 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: NTG-Context ConTeXt users

Wolfgang, thank you so much for your help!

Hm, when reading your explanation I start to understand my short cut in thinking about solving the problem.

I will build it into my project…

Thanks and kind regards
Willi