From: Taco Hoekwater <taco.hoekwater@wkap.nl>
Subject: Flowcharts
Date: Fri, 17 Sep 1999 14:11:20 +0000 (GMT)	[thread overview]

Hi all,

Some footnotes to the almost new m-chart module and its documentation.
I just spend a couple of hours playing with it, and noticed some
peculiarities that were not completely obvious from the documentation,
as well as a rather nasty problem with texexec:

- texexec does not recognize the fact that flowcharts should always be
  run twice if the setup parameters change (discovering this took me a
  very long time)

- Just about very command within a cell is required

- All flowcharts are pre-defined using the buffer mechanism

- I'm not sure I understand the relations between setup params
  width= and maxwidth=

- It should probably be documented that dx= and dy= refer to the
  distance between the text and the cell boundaries (I still not
  completely certain what exactly they control, but they have an
  affect on the font size that, for me, was a complete surprise)

- maxwidth= is not mentioned in the \setupFLOWcharts summary

Well, once I figured out this documentation, it worked perfectly.

Hans, thanks!

Greetings, Taco