* How to use Bibtex!
@ 2000-01-07 10:59 Roelof de Jong
From: Roelof de Jong @ 2000-01-07 10:59 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi Folks,

Let me first wish you all a happy, healthy and succesful new
millennium.

But, i have a question too.

I just can't get bibtex to work in context. I probably am a bit
lazy (command-wise) being used to the latex bibtex. Can anyone tell
me what to include in my file to get bibtex to run in context. I've
got Taco's manual, but fail to understand it completely.
Or can it only be used with Texexec and not in 4Tex5.0 for windows.

Thanks,

Roelof

**      Roelof de Jong                                              **
**      Groningen University                                        **
**      Law Faculty                                                 **
**      Dept. ECOF                                                  **
**      PO.Box 716                                                  **
**      9700 AS  Groningen                                          **
**      The Netherlands                                             **
**      tel: +31 50 3637044                                         **
**      e-mail: r.de.jong@rechten.rug.nl                            **

* Re: How to use Bibtex!
@ 2000-01-07 13:25 ` Taco Hoekwater
From: Taco Hoekwater @ 2000-01-07 13:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: ntg-context

    Roelof> I just can't get bibtex to work in context. I probably am
    Roelof> a bit lazy (command-wise) being used to the latex
    Roelof> bibtex. Can anyone tell me what to include in my file to
    Roelof> get bibtex to run in context. I've got Taco's manual, but
    Roelof> fail to understand it completely.  Or can it only be used
    Roelof> with Texexec and not in 4Tex5.0 for windows.

No, it should work without texexec. Try something like this as input
(this example really should work, xampl.bib should be on your system
somewhere):

%% testbib.tex
\usemodule[bib]
\setuppublications[database={xampl}]
\starttext
..........\cite[article-full] .........
.........\cite[author][manual-full]...
...\cite[book-minimal,book-full,whole-set].......

\completepublications
\stoptext
%%EOF

Now run context as follows:

> cont-en testbib
> bibtex testbib
> cont-en testbib

If it still doesn't work, please try to explain what is going wrong.

greetings, taco

* Re: How to use Bibtex!
@ 2000-01-19 13:14 ` Taco Hoekwater
From: Taco Hoekwater @ 2000-01-19 13:14 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: ntg-context

    Roelof> Still My Bibtex problem, A question to all, but probably
    Roelof> particularly for Taco.

    Roelof> Any idea?  Does this mean the bib-modul is not used of
    Roelof> found or what?

Sounds like it. Context should have said:

systeem        : macro's uit module bib geladen
(./m-bib.tex
publications   : loading formatting style from bibl-apa
(./bibl-apa.tex <unprotect 2> <protect 2>)

Taco

* How to use Bibtex!
@ 2000-01-19 10:48 Roelof de Jong
From: Roelof de Jong @ 2000-01-19 10:48 UTC (permalink / raw)

Still My Bibtex problem,

A question to all, but probably particularly for Taco.

Taco, I used your testbib.tex file.
Unfortunately it still doesn't work!
Just as a reminder the testbib.tex file was:

 %% testbib.tex
 \usemodule[bib]
 \setuppublications[database={xampl}]
 \starttext
 ..........\cite[article-full] .........
 .........\cite[author][manual-full]...
 ...\cite[book-minimal,book-full,whole-set].......

 \completepublications
 \stoptext
 %%EOF

I get the following messages:

! Undefined control sequence.
l.7 ...........\cite
                    [article-full] .......
?
! Undefined control sequence.
l.8 .........\cite
                  [author][manual-full] .............
bla ?
! Undefined control sequence.
l.9 ....\cite
             [book-minimal,book-full,whole-set].....
?
! Undefined control sequence.
l.11 \completepublications

And in bibtex: file testbib.aux missimg.
which is true. Cant find it