* flushing the last hbox of a paragraph to the right
@ 2015-11-16 12:35 massifr
From: massifr @ 2015-11-16 12:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

Hello list,
I'm typesetting end notes with the pages where they get called
(don't think about \endnote since I'm not using it; they are simple
\item paragraphs).
Here's an example:

4 Text of the end note blah blah blah blah
  blah, end of para.          p. 3, 45, 96

which means that the end note 4 occurs in pages 3, 45, 96.

The pages are flushed to the right using \hfill.

This works as long as there's enough room for the pages'
numbers. In case like this:

5 Text of the fifth endnote blah blah blah
  a little longer to  fill the text width.  p. 4, 12
the pages are note flushed right because the \hfill expires
at the end of the second line. What I'd like is this:

5 Text of the fifth endnote blah blah blah
  a little longer to  fill the text width.                                  p. 4, 12
Since I'm typesetting XML, is there an automatic way to achieve that
right alignment in both cases?
Thanks,
Massi

* Re: flushing the last hbox of a paragraph to the right
@ 2015-11-16 12:40 ` massifr
From: massifr @ 2015-11-16 12:40 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

Sorry, there was a typo in my previous email.
The last example should look like this:

@ 2015-11-16 14:34   ` Rik Kabel
From: Rik Kabel @ 2015-11-16 14:34 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

On 2015-11-16 07:40, massifr@fastwebnet.it wrote:

> Sorry, there was a typo in my previous email.
>
> The last example should look like this:
>
> 5 Text of the fifth endnote blah blah blah
>
> a little longer to fill the text width.
>
> p. 4, 12
>
> > Hello list,
>
> > I'm typesetting end notes with the pages where they get called
>
> > (don't think about \endnote since I'm not using it; they are simple
>
> > \item paragraphs).
>
> > Here's an example:
>

> > 4 Text of the end note blah blah blah blah
>
> > blah, end of para. p. 3, 45, 96
>

> > which means that the end note 4 occurs in pages 3, 45, 96.
>

> > The pages are flushed to the right using \hfill.
>

> > This works as long as there's enough room for the pages'
>
> > numbers. In case like this:
>

> > 5 Text of the fifth endnote blah blah blah
>
> > a little longer to fill the text width. p. 4, 12
>
> > the pages are note flushed right because the \hfill expires
>
> > at the end of the second line. What I'd like is this:
>

> > 5 Text of the fifth endnote blah blah blah
>
> > a little longer to fill the text width.
>
> > p. 4, 12
>
> > Since I'm typesetting XML, is there an automatic way to achieve that
>
> > right alignment in both cases?
>
> > Thanks,
>
> > Massi

Have you looked at \wordright
<http://wiki.contextgarden.net/Command/wordright>?

--
Rik

* Re: flushing the last hbox of a paragraph to the right
@ 2015-11-16 21:50     ` mf
From: mf @ 2015-11-16 21:50 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

Thank you Rik, \wordright is exactly what I was looking for.
Best regards,
Massi