* notation
@ 2000-08-11 16:58 siepo
       [not found] ` <3994357D.CFF4E014@pobox.com>
From: siepo @ 2000-08-11 16:58 UTC (permalink / raw)

The texshow program specifies a syntax

  \setupitemize[...][..,...,..][..,..=..,..]

Does this mean that setupitemize has three groups of parameters, the
first parameter consisting of either the keyword `each' or a number,
the second consisting of standalone keywords and the third consisting
of keyword-value pairs? This would seem the only reasonable
interpretation, only, it doesn't always match my experiences: an empty
set `[]' may show up as text in the output.

If you use such a setup command multiple times, in what cases, if any,
do the specifications cumulate? Or do you always have to specify
everything from scratch?

Sometimes a construct `parameter=key1,key2' seems to work and sometimes
it doesn't. Right now, I don't have an example handy so if you think
I'm wrong then I can save this question until I run into such a case.

Siep