From: siepo@client44-3.kabelA.oprit.rug.nl
Subject: Re: manual
Date: Sat, 12 Aug 2000 14:05:57 +0200 (CEST)	[thread overview]

Berend de Boer writes:

 > > Also some remarks about the manual: since it is intended as reference
 > > manual, it should facilitate quick lookup and not require close
 > > reading of an entire chapter.
 >
 > Hmm, I find it served its purpose. But I agree that we can have more
 > manuals, one with lots of examples would be nice. Usually I test with a
 > small test file or look in the source of the manual is not clear, but
 > usually the manual is clear enough. Perhaps you need to get adjusted to
 > its style.
 >
 > Groetjes,
 >
 > Berend. (-:

Yes, I also write small testfiles when the meaning of the manual is
not clear. But when it is necessary to look at the source then there
is clearly something wrong. Especially since Context has pretensions
to user-friendliness that LaTeX doesn't have.

I suspect that the manual fares better for continuous reading than for
lookup. The suggested typographic changes are intended to make lookup
more efficient.

Siep