From: Giuseppe Bilotta <bourbaki@bigfoot.com>
Subject: Definitions
Date: Thu, 17 Jan 2002 14:45:44 +0100	[thread overview]

Hello,

I have a bug report and an enhancement request for enumerations.

First of all: the bug.

I'm using

ConTeXt  ver: 2002.1.7  fmt: 2002.1.10  int: english  mes: english

(running pdf-e-TeX)
and there is an "undefined control sequence error" when using:

\defineenumeration[definizione]
                  [text=Definizione,
                   location=hanging,
                   hang=0,
                   headcolor=blue,
                   headstyle=normal,
                   way=bychapter]

\starttext

\definizione[relinv] (Relazione inversa). Siano dati due insiemi non vuoti
  $X$, $Y$ ed una relazione $§R$ di $X$ in $Y$ (i.e. $R\subseteq X\times Y$).
  Si dice che l'~insieme  ${§R}^{-1}\subseteq Y\times X$  \`e la relazione
  inversa di $§R$ se e solo se:

\stoptext

The undefined control sequence seems to be \preparednumber.

The enhancement request. When enumerations are used for create theorems,
lemmas, corollaries etc one sometimes needs to add an optional
argument that should be typeset in its own way but in relation to
the title rather than the content. For example, if I were to write
a calculus book and got to Lebesgue theorem I would like to write:

\starttheorem[leb][author=Lebesgue,]
Let $(S, \A, \mu)$ be a $sigma$-finite measure space ...
\stoptheorem

or

\starttheorem[cpt][author=Cantor,subj={uniform continuity}]
Let $(S, d)$ be a metric space ...
\stoptheorem

and I would like to be able to control the layout of the theorem
according to the presence and absence of the various extra fields.
In some way this would be a stripped-down version of my xdesc
module, so I will try to adapt those macros. But if there is an
easier way, please let me know.

--
Giuseppe "Oblomov" Bilotta