From: Matthias Klose <doko@cs.tu-berlin.de>
Subject: combining 2up, hyperrefs and longtables
Date: Sat, 17 Feb 2001 18:39:19 +0100 (MET)	[thread overview]

[hope this is appropriate for this mailing list,
 www.tug.org/ListsArchives/pdftex doesn't exist anymore]

I want to generate a 2up PDF document, which uses longtables (first
row repeated on following pages) and has hyperrefs. I can get a
document where all but one feature works, but not all together.

First approach was to use pdflatex, hyperref, multicol and the
longtable packages (ok not exactly 2up). But multicol and longtable
don't work together.

Next was to use seminar.sty, but this doesn't work with pdflatex.

Next approach was not to use multicol, but use texexec to generate the
2up. Works ok for printing, but all the hyperrefs aren't clickable
anymore. I use the following context script (found on the mailing list):

\setuppapersize
   [A4,landscape][A4,landscape]
\setuplayout
  [topspace=0cm,
   backspace=1cm,
   header=0pt,
   footer=0cm,
   width=middle,
   height=middle]
\starttext
\combinepages[foo.pdf][nx=2,ny=1]
\stoptext

Is there a way to convert the pdf to 2up without breaking the
hyperrefs? If not, is there something similiar to longtable in
context? Any hint would be welcome.

	Matthias