* combining 2up, hyperrefs and longtables
@ 2001-02-17 17:39 Matthias Klose
From: Matthias Klose @ 2001-02-17 17:39 UTC (permalink / raw)

[hope this is appropriate for this mailing list,
 www.tug.org/ListsArchives/pdftex doesn't exist anymore]

I want to generate a 2up PDF document, which uses longtables (first
row repeated on following pages) and has hyperrefs. I can get a
document where all but one feature works, but not all together.

First approach was to use pdflatex, hyperref, multicol and the
longtable packages (ok not exactly 2up). But multicol and longtable
don't work together.

Next was to use seminar.sty, but this doesn't work with pdflatex.

Next approach was not to use multicol, but use texexec to generate the
2up. Works ok for printing, but all the hyperrefs aren't clickable
anymore. I use the following context script (found on the mailing list):

\setuppapersize
   [A4,landscape][A4,landscape]
\setuplayout
  [topspace=0cm,
   backspace=1cm,
   header=0pt,
   footer=0cm,
   width=middle,
   height=middle]
\starttext
\combinepages[foo.pdf][nx=2,ny=1]
\stoptext

Is there a way to convert the pdf to 2up without breaking the
hyperrefs? If not, is there something similiar to longtable in
context? Any hint would be welcome.

	Matthias

* Re: combining 2up, hyperrefs and longtables
@ 2001-02-19 11:20 ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2001-02-19 11:20 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: ConTeXt

At 06:39 PM 2/17/01 +0100, Matthias Klose wrote:
>[hope this is appropriate for this mailing list,
> www.tug.org/ListsArchives/pdftex doesn't exist anymore]
>
>I want to generate a 2up PDF document, which uses longtables (first
>row repeated on following pages) and has hyperrefs. I can get a
>document where all but one feature works, but not all together.
>
>First approach was to use pdflatex, hyperref, multicol and the
>longtable packages (ok not exactly 2up). But multicol and longtable
>don't work together.
>
>Next was to use seminar.sty, but this doesn't work with pdflatex.
>
>Next approach was not to use multicol, but use texexec to generate the
>2up. Works ok for printing, but all the hyperrefs aren't clickable
>anymore. I use the following context script (found on the mailing list):
>
>\setuppapersize
>   [A4,landscape][A4,landscape]
>\setuplayout
>  [topspace=0cm,
>   backspace=1cm,
>   header=0pt,
>   footer=0cm,
>   width=middle,
>   height=middle]
>\starttext
>\combinepages[foo.pdf][nx=2,ny=1]
>\stoptext
>

>Is there a way to convert the pdf to 2up without breaking the
>hyperrefs? If not, is there something similiar to longtable in
>context? Any hint would be welcome.

\starttables
\stoptables

as well as

\starttabulate
\stoptabulate

can cross pages

In context you can arrange pages directly so there you retain interaction.

Hans
                                  Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE | pragma@wxs.nl