* figure numbering S3, S4, S6, ...
@ 2017-07-13  7:54 Thomas Möbius
From: Thomas Möbius @ 2017-07-13  7:54 UTC (permalink / raw)

Dear list,

I am compiling some figures as supplementary material and would like to
have figure captions follow the convention:

Figure S3
Figure S4
Figure S5

and I need that the numbering starts with S3 instead of S1.

How can I achieve this?

Minimal example:

\setuppapersize[A6]
\setupexternalfigures[location=default]

\setupcaptions[way=bytext]

\placefigure
     {Cow}
     {\externalfigure[cow][width=2cm]}

\placefigure
     {Another Cow}
     {\externalfigure[cow][width=2cm]}

* Re: figure numbering S3, S4, S6, ...
@ 2017-07-13 21:31 ` Henri Menke
From: Henri Menke @ 2017-07-13 21:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

On Thu, 2017-07-13 at 09:54 +0200, Thomas Möbius wrote:
> Dear list,
>
> I am compiling some figures as supplementary material and would like to
> have figure captions follow the convention:
>
> Figure S3
> Figure S4
> Figure S5
>
> and I need that the numbering starts with S3 instead of S1.
>
> How can I achieve this?

\setuppapersize[A6]
\setupexternalfigures[location=default]

\setupfloatcaption