* interaction strangeness
@ 2013-12-06 11:42 H. van der Meer
From: H. van der Meer @ 2013-12-06 11:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: NTG ConTeXt

Something strange happened here with the interaction in a pdf produced.
There are chapters reacting when clicked in the table of contents but some are not. Moreover, this behaviour changes with the version of context used.

I tried 3 versions of the beta:
ConTeXt  ver: 2013.10.15 13:52 MKIV beta
ConTeXt  ver: 2013.11.10 12:23 MKIV beta
One specific chapter does not jump to the starting page when clicked.

ConTeXt  ver: 2013.12.04 11:34 MKIV beta
Nothing changed in the source but now another chapter link also becomes inactive!

There is no ready explanation I can think of. Because the document in question is about 500 pages I do not yet have a minimal example at hand. And as I suspect the problem can have its origin in the complexity and/or size of the document, I fear the construction of a minimal example will be difficult. Therefore I am first asking if this problem is known already. Afterwards I will try to find a small example, of course.

Hans van der Meer

* Re: interaction strangeness
@ 2013-12-06 13:50 ` H. van der Meer
                     ` (2 more replies)
From: H. van der Meer @ 2013-12-06 13:50 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: NTG ConTeXt

Some further experimentation: interchanging two chapters makes the problem go away.

It is reproducible, because putting the chapters back als brings the problem back. Even stranger, sitting at chapter 5 it kills the interaction for chapter 6 and 8, leaving the interactivity for the  intervening and later chapters intact.

Addition of content to the start of chapter 5 helped for chapter 6 but not for chapter 8, which seems strange.
Addition of content to the end of chapter 5 also helped for chapter 6

Addition of content to the start of chapter 7 did help to solve for chapter 8.

So I fear it has in some way to do with the moment the output routine is called in relation to the reference processing in \startchapter[title=,reference=].

Hans van der Meer

@ 2013-12-06 18:16   ` Alan Braslau
       [not found]   ` <013101cef44f$703135b0$5093a110$@tosovsky@email.cz>
From: Alan Braslau @ 2013-12-06 18:16 UTC (permalink / raw)

I confirm the problem and the strange behavior when moving chapters
around or adding dummy chapters and sections.

I, too, have not yet been able to produce a minimal example, and we
have little hope of getting this fixed until we can produce such a
minimal example.

Alan

On Fri, 6 Dec 2013 14:50:20 +0100

@ 2013-12-08 19:55   ` Jan Tosovsky
       [not found]   ` <013101cef44f$703135b0$5093a110$@tosovsky@email.cz>
From: Jan Tosovsky @ 2013-12-08 19:55 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 2013-12-06 H. van der Meer wrote:
> Some further experimentation: interchanging two chapters makes the
> problem go away.
>
> It is reproducible, because putting the chapters back als brings the
> problem back. Even stranger, sitting at chapter 5 it kills the
> interaction for chapter 6 and 8, leaving the interactivity for the
> intervening and later chapters intact.
>
> Addition of content to the start of chapter 5 helped for chapter 6 but
> not for chapter 8, which seems strange.
> Addition of content to the end of chapter 5 also helped for chapter 6
>
> Addition of content to the start of chapter 7 did help to solve for
> chapter 8.
>
> So I fear it has in some way to do with the moment the output routine
> is
> called in relation to the reference processing in
> \startchapter[title=,reference=].

This topic was discussed few weeks ago without clear conclusion:
http://www.ntg.nl/pipermail/ntg-context/2013/075988.html

In my case most of cases were resolved when I changed
\placebookmarks[chapter, section] just to \placebookmarks[chapter]
Although few cases still remain, it is much better now.

When the particular item doesn't react via bookmark, it doesn't react also
via ToC.

I plan to prepare an example for this, but for me it is not so urgent issue.

Jan

@ 2013-12-08 20:56     ` Martin Moncrieffe
From: Martin Moncrieffe @ 2013-12-08 20:56 UTC (permalink / raw)