* Sectioning. PDF bookmarks.
@ 2001-11-08 17:37 Giuseppe Bilotta
From: Giuseppe Bilotta @ 2001-11-08 17:37 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hello,

this is a another area where ConTeXt needs refining. As far as I
know, ConTeXt only allows peculiar section names to be handled via
the \nolist command:

\chapter{Section name \nolist{with a part that does not go in the
TOC}}.

But consider that there are cases where the 'short' form is deeply
different from the long one. And there is another important issue,
which is PDF bookmarks, in which a lot of commands have to be
redefined to display properly (e.g. \dots has to be turned into
three dots).

I propose a structure like

\chapter[full] {Full name}
        [short]{Short name}
        [pdf]  {PDF bookmark name}

Second point, more tightly related to PDF bookmarking, is the
opportunity of a way to define how commands are to be interpreted
in bookmarks.

Say for example that I have a ConTeXt document where I define

\definesynonyms[abbreviation][abbreviations][\infull]
\setupsynonyms[abbreviation][textstyle=\smallcaps]
\abbreviation[RPG]{rpg}{Role Playing Game}

This gives me a command \RPG that I can use throughout my document
to display rpg (in small caps, because this is the style I use for
abbreviation, and here again we get back to the problem of \sc
having to turn lowercase into uppercase when small caps are not
active). But if I have a title like

\chapter{Pregnancy in \RPG s}

I want this to display as

Pregnancy in RPGs

in the bookmarks. Instead, what I get is an 'undefined command
sequence'. How to deal with it?

--
Giuseppe "Oblomov" Bilotta