From: Henri <henrimenke@gmail.com>
To: ntg-context@ntg.nl
Subject: Re: Support for musl
Date: Tue, 30 Jan 2018 12:23:14 +1300	[thread overview]

It looks like we are going to get upstream support for musl from TeX live.

There is this extremely long thread on the tlbuild mailing list.
https://tug.org/pipermail/tlbuild/2018q1/003972.html

An automated build on Alpine Linux has been included in the TeX live continuous
integration on GitHub.
https://github.com/TeX-Live/texlive-source/blob/master/.travis.yml

What would I have to do in order to get an automated build for ConTeXt
standalone for musl?

Hans might be interested in detecting musl libc automatically, which I have
recently merged into GNU autotools:
https://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/config.git/commit/?id=3d00f60242f1726fc6eaa38e09435a969ee7ebe5
It uses ldd to detect whether musl is used because ldd prints "musl libc" to
stderr.
https://git.musl-libc.org/cgit/musl/tree/ldso/dynlink.c#n1538