* Re: TeX capacity exceeded in MikTeX
@ 2003-09-29  9:00 ^Nitram^
From: ^Nitram^ @ 2003-09-29  9:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi,

> > ! TeX capacity exceeded, sorry [hash size=35000].
> In MiKTeX the file is miktex.ini, not texmf.cnf; you should
> find a hash_size=  entry there.

There was no entry like this ;(
But I created it (and also hash_size_def) in section MikTeX, pdfeTeX...
I created new section Magic, too - and try changing other values, but
nothing has effect with this size ;(

I compared the simlest document in LaTeX with the simpliest document in
ConTeXt - there was:
- about 3000 multiletter control sequences out of 35000 in LaTeX
- about 30000 ! in ConTeXt

Why MikTeX don't support ConTeXt?... Why... ;)

--
Best regards
Martin

* Re[2]: TeX capacity exceeded in MikTeX
@ 2003-09-29  9:16 ` Giuseppe Bilotta
From: Giuseppe Bilotta @ 2003-09-29  9:16 UTC (permalink / raw)

Monday, September 29, 2003 ^Nitram^ wrote:

> Hi,

>> > ! TeX capacity exceeded, sorry [hash size=35000].
>> In MiKTeX the file is miktex.ini, not texmf.cnf; you should
>> find a hash_size=  entry there.

> There was no entry like this ;(
> But I created it (and also hash_size_def) in section MikTeX, pdfeTeX...
> I created new section Magic, too - and try changing other values, but
> nothing has effect with this size ;(

Ehm ... I'm not sure if this is the reason or not, but did you
try redumping the formats after making the change?

--
Giuseppe "Oblomov" Bilotta

* Re: TeX capacity exceeded in MikTeX
@ 2003-09-29 10:29 ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2003-09-29 10:29 UTC (permalink / raw)

At 11:00 29/09/2003 +0200, you wrote:
>Hi,
>
> > > ! TeX capacity exceeded, sorry [hash size=35000].
> > In MiKTeX the file is miktex.ini, not texmf.cnf; you should
> > find a hash_size=  entry there.
>
>There was no entry like this ;(
>But I created it (and also hash_size_def) in section MikTeX, pdfeTeX...
>I created new section Magic, too - and try changing other values, but
>nothing has effect with this size ;(
>
>I compared the simlest document in LaTeX with the simpliest document in
>ConTeXt - there was:
>- about 3000 multiletter control sequences out of 35000 in LaTeX
>- about 30000 ! in ConTeXt
>
>Why MikTeX don't support ConTeXt?... Why... ;)

i think that when you load a bunch of packages in latex and process a few
docs, the number of control sequences will be larger that 3000 (not 30K)
and demanding docs with lots of cross refs eat up hash space as well. Any
tex today should be huge.

Hans

                                   Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE | pragma@wxs.nl

* Re: Re[2]: TeX capacity exceeded in MikTeX
@ 2003-09-28 16:14     ` Willi Egger
From: Willi Egger @ 2003-09-28 16:14 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi Martin,

> Hi,
>
> WE> Find in the texmf.cnf file in texmf-var\web2c directory the section
where
> WE> the different memory settings are set:
> WE> The following table was posted by Hans Hagen in february 2003, so it
should
> WE> be o.k. At least in my situation these settings do perform as
expected.

> But the problem is I have no file with this name - when I compile
> document it is pdfetex used (from MikTeX Large for win32)- I have no idea
how
> it could be changed. I use ConTeXt not so long - I have no experience with
> other TeX systems - I can't believe that I can't build so small document
;(

Unfortunately I have no experience with Miktex. :-(
But there must be a file in this distribution which sets the memory
allocations too, try to find it and edit the values inthere.

Willi

* Re[2]: TeX capacity exceeded in MikTeX
@ 2003-09-28 15:23   ` ^Nitram^
From: ^Nitram^ @ 2003-09-28 15:23 UTC (permalink / raw)