* Protrusion, hyphens and lining figures
@ 2016-09-27 14:09 Jose Luis Arellano
From: Jose Luis Arellano @ 2016-09-27 14:09 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hello dear list.

I am experiment a issue with one of my fonts. The problem appears when one
try to use lining numbers as default font feature in documents. This font
have the feature onum by default, so if I want lining numbers I have to use:
definefontfeature[default][default]
[%
lnum=yes,
protrusion=quality,
expansion=quality,
]
This works just fine, except for hyphens sign where character protrusion
fails.

I will appreciate any suggestion.

* Re: Protrusion, hyphens and lining figures
@ 2016-09-27 15:27 ` Pablo Rodriguez
From: Pablo Rodriguez @ 2016-09-27 15:27 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 09/27/2016 04:09 PM, Jose Luis Arellano wrote:
> Hello dear list.
>
> I am experiment a issue with one of my fonts. The problem appears when
> one try to use lining numbers as default font feature in documents. This
> font have the feature onum by default, so if I want lining numbers I
> have to use:
> definefontfeature[default][default]
> [%
> lnum=yes,
> protrusion=quality,
> expansion=quality,
> ]
> This works just fine, except for hyphens sign where character protrusion
> fails.
>
> I will appreciate any suggestion.

Hi Jose Luis,

could you provide a minimal working sample?

Otherwise it might be very hard to reconstruct your scenario.

Pablo
--
http://www.ousia.tk

* Re: Protrusion, hyphens and lining figures
@ 2016-09-27 15:44   ` Jose Luis Arellano
From: Jose Luis Arellano @ 2016-09-27 15:44 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi Pablo, I have failed trying to make a MWS because this issue only
appears with this specific font. Maybe you can reproduce the problem using
a font that have the feature onum actived by default.
Thanks for the answer.

@ 2016-09-27 16:05     ` Pablo Rodriguez
From: Pablo Rodriguez @ 2016-09-27 16:05 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 09/27/2016 05:44 PM, Jose Luis Arellano wrote:
> Hi Pablo, I have failed trying to make a MWS because this issue only
> appears with this specific font. Maybe you can reproduce the problem
> using a font that have the feature onum actived by default.
> Thanks for the answer.

Hi José Luis,

I remembered that EB Garamond is such a typeface.

Here is the sample (which works for me):

    \showframe\showgrid
    \mainlanguage[es]
    \setuppapersize[A6]
    \definefontfeature[default][default]
        [lnum=yes,
         protrusion=quality,
         expansion=quality]
    \setupalign[hanging, hz]
    \setupbodyfont[ebgaramond]
    \starttext
    \dorecurse{10}{\recurselevel. }\par
    «\input cervantes-es
    \stoptext

I hope it helps. And let us know, if it doesn’t.

Cheers,

Pablo
--
http://www.ousia.tk