* footnoting
@ 2005-05-16 15:07 Charles Doherty
From: Charles Doherty @ 2005-05-16 15:07 UTC (permalink / raw)

Dear all,

I am trying to set up a layout for part of my daughter's thesis. She
has a portion of a long middle English poem to present as an 'edition'.
The lines are incremented on every seventh line starting at 302
according to the manuscript she is using.

Is there a way to reference words from particular lines using the line
number as the footnote number?

The first line of the poem is 302

Could the footnote read
302 lande (in bold) : an open grassy space in a forest

305 boures (in bold) : a chamber or dwelling

and so on.

Could the footnotes be in two columns?

I notice that footnotes are ignored if line numbering is on. I am at a
loss here. Also \inmargin is ignored also. Any help would be
appreciated.

I have attached an input file and the resulting pdf.