* [***SPAM***] blocks in LuaTex
@ 2009-02-17 17:36 batela
From: batela @ 2009-02-17 17:36 UTC (permalink / raw)

Dear Sirs,

Im the past I make some exams using the file in the attach.  Now, I
need to prepare another exam but this old file don't work with the new
Context version.

I had defined a block designed  question bat \startquestion isn't
recognised. Why? Thanks for your support.

Have a nice day.

Jorge Manuel

[-- Attachment #2: 357_2007_exam.tex --]

* Re: blocks in LuaTex
@ 2009-02-17 17:57 ` Wolfgang Schuster
From: Wolfgang Schuster @ 2009-02-17 17:57 UTC (permalink / raw)

Am 17.02.2009 um 18:36 schrieb batela:

> Im the past I make some exams using the file in the attach.  Now, I
> need to prepare another exam but this old file don't work with the
> new Context version.
>
> I had defined a block designed  question bat \startquestion isn't
> recognised. Why? Thanks for your support.

Your question has nothing to do with the block mechanism. Your example
can't work because you defined the enumerations 'Question' and 'Answer'
but not 'question' and 'answer'.

Wolfgang

* Re: blocks in LuaTex
@ 2009-02-17 18:33   ` batela
From: batela @ 2009-02-17 18:33 UTC (permalink / raw)

Dear Sir,

thanks for your reply.  The original code is written by Hans and had
worked perfectly (see the attach).

Em 17/02/2009, às 5:57, Wolfgang Schuster escreveu:

> Am 17.02.2009 um 18:36 schrieb batela:
>
>> Im the past I make some exams using the file in the attach.  Now, I
>> need to prepare another exam but this old file don't work with the
>> new Context version.
>>
>> I had defined a block designed  question bat \startquestion isn't re

[-- Attachment #2: exam_from_Hans.tex --]

>> cognised. Why? Thanks for your support.
>
> Your question has nothing to do with the block mechanism. Your example
> can't work because you defined the enumerations 'Question' and 'Answer'
> but not 'question' and 'answer'.
>
> Wolfgang

Abraços,

Jorge Manuel de Almeida Magalhães

* Re: blocks in LuaTex
@ 2009-02-17 18:48   ` batela
From: batela @ 2009-02-17 18:48 UTC (permalink / raw)

You can find the old discussion in this link:

http://www.mail-archive.com/ntg-context@ntg.nl/msg22333.html

@ 2009-02-17 18:53     ` Wolfgang Schuster
From: Wolfgang Schuster @ 2009-02-17 18:53 UTC (permalink / raw)

Am 17.02.2009 um 19:33 schrieb batela:

> thanks for your reply.  The original code is written by Hans and had
> worked perfectly (see the attach).

Are you sure, this can't be because \startquestion and \startanswer
are nowhere defined.

It works after a few modification.

1. You don't need the \startelements ... \stopelements block at the
begin
    of the file, this is already done in the core.

2. Use in your document \startQuestion ... \stopQuestion and
    \startAnswer ... \stopAnswer

    *or*

    replace \defineenumeration[Question] with
\defineenumeration[question]
    and \defineenumeration[Answer] with \defineenumeration[answer] and
move
    [text=Question] to the definition for the question. Replace also all
    \startAnswer with \startanswer, \stopAnswer with \stopanswer ...

Wolfgang

* Re: blocks in LuaTex
@ 2009-02-17 19:03     ` Wolfgang Schuster
From: Wolfgang Schuster @ 2009-02-17 19:03 UTC (permalink / raw)

Am 17.02.2009 um 19:48 schrieb batela:

> You can find the old discussion in this link:
>
> http://www.mail-archive.com/ntg-context@ntg.nl/msg22333.html

OMG! I have a solution for your problem but I would I you can use
\beginquestion ... \endquestion instead of \startquestion ...
\stopquestion.

Wolfgang

* Re: blocks in LuaTex
@ 2009-02-17 19:21       ` batela
From: batela @ 2009-02-17 19:21 UTC (permalink / raw)

Fixed:

\startquestion should be \beginquestion
\startanswer should be \beginanswer

and

\stopquestion should be \endquestion
\stopanswer should be \endanswer

Thanks a lot.

@ 2009-02-17 20:00       ` batela
From: batela @ 2009-02-17 20:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

Thanks.

another problem that I fount in this approach to make my exams is the
impossibility of itemize  the Question environment.  It is easy to
numerate the questions like "Question 1", "Question 2 "  and so on, but
i would like to divide some questions in some items. For example if my
third  question is a group  of questions the numeration should be
"Question 3.1", "Question 3.2" ....

What is the best approach for that?

Em 17/02/2009, às 7:03, Wolfgang Schuster escreveu:

> Am 17.02.2009 um 19:48 schrieb batela:
>
>> You can find the old discussion in this link:
>>
>> http://www.mail-archive.com/ntg-context@ntg.nl/msg22333.html
>
> OMG! I have a solution for your problem but I would I you can use
> \beginquestion ... \endquestion instead of \startquestion ...
> \stopquestion.
>
> Wolfgang

Um Abraço,

Jorge Magalhães

* Re: blocks in LuaTex
@ 2009-02-18 11:34         ` Wolfgang Schuster
From: Wolfgang Schuster @ 2009-02-18 11:34 UTC (permalink / raw)

Am 17.02.2009 um 21:00 schrieb batela:

> Thanks.
>

> another problem that I fount in this approach to make my exams is
> the impossibility of itemize  the Question environment.  It is easy
> to numerate the questions like "Question 1", "Question 2 "  and so
> on, but i would like to divide some questions in some items. For
> example if my third  question is a group  of questions the
> numeration should be "Question 3.1", "Question 3.2" ....
>
> What is the best approach for that?

You can use subenumerations like \startsubQuestion ... \stopsubQuestion,
it's explained in the manual.

Wolfgang