* Introduction to columnsets
@ 2003-04-04  3:41 Erik George Hetzner
From: Erik George Hetzner @ 2003-04-04  3:41 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hello,

I am working on typesetting a newsletter in ConTeXt. I have been very
pleased with ConTeXt so far; I was previously using plain TeX, as I
couldn't get the control I wanted with LaTeX. I have been able to do
almost everything I wanted with ConTeXt. However, I have been having
some trouble with trying to use floats and figures with my two-column
layout. Since joining the list, I have heard a bit about columnsets,
and they seem that they may provide what I am looking for. I have been
able to set some figures, and a masthead, and double columns.
However, I was wondering if there was anywhere a collection of
information, however incomplete, that could help me figure out how
this stuff works, or do I have to look through the source? Besides a
few examples in the list archive, there seems to be little. And I
don't want to have to ask on the list each time I need to figure out
how to do something.

I understand that the feature is experimental & that a manual is in
progress, but it seems that this is what I want to use. On the other
hand, if somebody else has a better grasp of advantages and
disadvantages of columnsets vis a vis traditional columns, and could
tell me whether or not I am on the right path, I would apprecate that
too.

Anyhow, thanks for any help.

-Erik Hetzner