* "Text flows" under columnsets
@ 2003-06-20  1:25 Erik George Hetzner
From: Erik George Hetzner @ 2003-06-20  1:25 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hello ConTeXters,

First, I'd like to thank Hans, belatedly, for the columns.pdf manual
which I have been happily using. Column sets are one of the main
reasons that I have enjoyed working with ConTeXt so much, and having
a manual makes them much, much easier to figure out.

Second, I would like to ask if "text flows", which are introduced in
the manual, are implemented at all. When I attempt to use the
examples, ConTeXt complains about the macros not being
defined. Searching through the sources also fails to find anything.  I
am using the latest beta. Are they only defined in the dutch
interface? Any pointers at all would be helpful.

Regards,
Erik Hetzner

* Re: "Text flows" under columnsets
@ 2003-06-20  6:39 ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2003-06-20  6:39 UTC (permalink / raw)

At 18:25 19/06/2003 -0700, you wrote:
>Hello ConTeXters,
>
>First, I'd like to thank Hans, belatedly, for the columns.pdf manual
>which I have been happily using. Column sets are one of the main
>reasons that I have enjoyed working with ConTeXt so much, and having
>a manual makes them much, much easier to figure out.
>
>Second, I would like to ask if "text flows", which are introduced in
>the manual, are implemented at all. When I attempt to use the
>examples, ConTeXt complains about the macros not being
>defined. Searching through the sources also fails to find anything.  I
>am using the latest beta. Are they only defined in the dutch
>interface? Any pointers at all would be helpful.

no, they are not yet in the distribution (same for a few footnote/numbering
modules that idris has to test first and a couple of spread things)

you can put the attached file in the base directory and do an \input
page-flw in cont-new.tex

Hans

[-- Attachment #2: page-flw.tex --]
[-- Type: text/plain, Size: 3321 bytes --]

%D \module
%D   [       file=page-flw,
%D        version=2003.04.19, % from test-002 (1997) profile experiment
%D          title=\CONTEXT\ OTR Macros,
%D       subtitle=Text Flows,
%D         author=Hans Hagen,
%D           date=\currentdate,
%D      copyright=PRAGMA ADE]
%C
%C This module is part of the \CONTEXT\ macro||package and is
%C therefore copyrighted by \PRAGMA. See mreadme.pdf for
%C details.

\writestatus{loading}{Context OTR Macros / Text Flows}

\unprotect

\def\definetextflow
  {\dodoubleempty\dodefinetextflow}

\def\dodefinetextflow[#1][#2]% flow settings
  {\iffirstargument
     \doiftextflowcollectorelse{#1}
       {\setbox\textflowcollector{#1}\emptybox}
       {\@EA\newbox\csname\??tx:c:#1\endcsname}%
     \getparameters[\??tx:p:#1]
       [\c!breedte=\hsize,\c!letter=,#2]%
   \fi}

\def\textflowparameter#1#2{\csname\??tx:p:#1#2\endcsname}
\def\textflowcollector  #1{\csname\??tx:c:#1\endcsname}

\def\doiftextflowcollectorelse#1{\doifdefinedelse{\??tx:c:#1}}

\def\doiftextflowelse#1%
  {\doiftextflowcollectorelse{#1}
     {\ifvoid\textflowcollector{#1}%
        \expandafter\secondoftwoarguments
      \else
        \expandafter\firstoftwoarguments
      \fi}
     {\secondoftwoarguments}}

\def\doiftextflow#1%
  {\doiftextflowelse{#1}\firstofoneargument\gobbleoneargument}

\def\starttextflow[#1]%
  {\doiftextflowcollectorelse{#1}
     {\global\setbox\textflowcollector{#1}\vbox
        \bgroup
        \unvbox\textflowcollector{#1}%
        \hsize\textflowparameter{#1}\c!breedte
        \doifsomething{\textflowparameter{#1}\c!letter}%
          {\doconvertfont{\textflowparameter{#1}\c!letter}}%
        \def\stoptextflow{\endgraf\egroup}}
     {\let\stoptextflow\relax}}

\def\flushtextflow#1%
  {\doiftextflow{#1}
     {\ifdim\ht\textflowcollector{#1}>\vsize
        \setbox\scratchbox\vsplit\textflowcollector{#1} to \vsize
        \unvbox\scratchbox
      \else
        \unvbox\textflowcollector{#1}%
      \fi}}

\protect \endinput

% Example (dutch)
%
% \stelpapierformaatin [S6]
% \steltolerantiein    [soepel,rek]
% \stelkleurenin       [status=start]
% \stelvoetin          [strut=nee]
% \stelwitruimtein     [groot]
%
% \stellayoutin
%   [rechterrand=5cm,breedte=passend,marge=0pt,randafstand=1cm,
%    voet=4cm,voetafstand=1cm,hoofd=0cm]
%
% \stelteksttekstenin[rand][][\flushtextflow{first}]
% \stelvoettekstenin [rand][][\flushtextflow{second}]
% \stelvoettekstenin         [\flushtextflow{third}][]
%
% \definetextflow [first]  [alfa]  [breedte=\rechterrandbreedte]
% \definetextflow [second] [beta]  [breedte=\rechterrandbreedte]
% \definetextflow [third]  [gamma] [breedte=\voethoogte]
%
% \starttekst
%
% \dorecurse{50}
%   {\getrandomnumber{\funny}{0}{8}
%    \ifcase\funny \starttextflow[alfa]  \input tufte.tex   \stoptextflow
%    \or           \starttextflow[beta]  \input knuth.tex   \stoptextflow
%    \or           \starttextflow[gamma] \input materie.tex \stoptextflow
%    \or          {\bf   TUFTE}\quad \input tufte   \par
%    \or          {\bf   TUFTE}\quad \input tufte   \par
%    \or          {\bf   KNUTH}\quad \input knuth   \par
%    \or          {\bf   KNUTH}\quad \input knuth   \par
%    \or          {\bf MATERIE}\quad \input materie \par
%    \else        {\bf MATERIE}\quad \input materie \par
%    \fi}
%
% \stoptekst

                                   Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE | pragma@wxs.nl

* Re: "Text flows" under columnsets
@ 2003-06-20 14:38   ` Erik George Hetzner
From: Erik George Hetzner @ 2003-06-20 14:38 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hans Hagen writes:
 > no, they are not yet in the distribution (same for a few footnote/numbering
 > modules that idris has to test first and a couple of spread things)
 >
 > you can put the attached file in the base directory and do an \input
 > page-flw in cont-new.tex

Great! Thank you, I look forward to using them.

Regards,
Erik Hetzner