* building formats under MikTeX
@ 2003-08-05 14:47 Matthew Huggett
From: Matthew Huggett @ 2003-08-05 14:47 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hello All:

When I run texexec --make to (re)build my formats (under MikTeX),
texexec reports that it can't read TEX.POOL and MP.POOL .  Then a
window's dialog box reports that pdfetex has crapped out.   Any any ideas?

Thanks and best wishes,

Matt

* Re: building formats under MikTeX
@ 2003-08-05 17:13 ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2003-08-05 17:13 UTC (permalink / raw)

At 23:47 05/08/2003 +0900, you wrote:
>Hello All:
>
>When I run texexec --make to (re)build my formats (under MikTeX), texexec
>reports that it can't read TEX.POOL and MP.POOL .  Then a window's dialog
>box reports that pdfetex has crapped out.   Any any ideas?
>
>Thanks and best wishes,

do you have the pool files?

kpsewhich mp.pool

                                   Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE | pragma@wxs.nl

* Re: building formats under MikTeX
@ 2003-08-06  0:36   ` Matthew Huggett
From: Matthew Huggett @ 2003-08-06  0:36 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hans Hagen wrote:

> At 23:47 05/08/2003 +0900, you wrote:
>
>> Hello All:
>>
>> When I run texexec --make to (re)build my formats (under MikTeX),
>> texexec reports that it can't read TEX.POOL and MP.POOL .  Then a
>> window's dialog box reports that pdfetex has crapped out.   Any any
>> ideas?
>>
>> Thanks and best wishes,
>

> do you have the pool files?
>
> kpsewhich mp.pool

Yes, I have the files, but kpsewhich can't find them unless it's
actually run from the directory containing the files!  I've updated the
databases but that doesn't help either.  Also, when I process a tex
file, pdfetex can't find/open pdftex.cfg .

* Re: building formats under MikTeX
@ 2003-08-06  1:11     ` darnold
From: darnold @ 2003-08-06  1:11 UTC (permalink / raw)

Check your path to see if the bin directory of Miktex in on your path.