* Fwd: help with xtreme tables
       [not found] <1623134641.2718.0.ref@smtp.mail.yahoo.com>
@ 2021-06-08  6:44 ` Ajith R
From: Ajith R @ 2021-06-08  6:44 UTC (permalink / raw)

I have a table with around 120 rows and 120 columns which fits an A0
paper. I want it to be split so that it fits A4 sized papers.
When I tried using xtables :

\startxtable[split=repeat,header=repeat]
\startxtablehead
\stopxtablehead
\startxtablebody
.
.
.
\stopxtablebody

the table rows get split into different pages, but the columns get cut
at the right edge of the page.
Is there a way to split the columns as well (repeating the first column
as necessary)?

Also, what is the use of grouping rows within \startxtablenext and
\stopxtablenext?

Note: I am just typing the outline of the code as the cell definitions
is very long and hopefully my requirement is clear without the entire
cell definitions.

Thanks,
ajith

 NB: Apologies if you get two copies of this email as I am sending this
email a second timr as my first attempt appears to have failed

* help with xtreme tables
@ 2021-06-08  7:11   ` Ajith R
From: Ajith R @ 2021-06-08  7:11 UTC (permalink / raw)

[...]

 NB: Apologies if you get more than one copy of this email because I am re-sending this email as my first attempt appears to have failed

* Re: help with xtreme tables
@ 2021-06-08  8:24     ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2021-06-08  8:24 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 6/8/2021 9:11 AM, Ajith R wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have a table with around 120 rows and 120 columns which fits an A0 paper. I want it to be split so that it fits A4 sized papers.
> When I tried using xtables :
>
> \startxtable[split=repeat,header=repeat]
> \startxtablehead
> \stopxtablehead
> \startxtablebody
> .
> .
> .
> \stopxtablebody
>
> the table rows get split into different pages, but the columns get cut at the right edge of the page.
> Is there a way to split the columns as well (repeating the first column as necessary)?
>
> Also, what is the use of grouping rows within \startxtablenext and \stopxtablenext?
>
> Note: I am just typing the outline of the code as the cell definitions is very long and hopefully my requirement is clear without the entire cell definitions.
better look at linetables that

\setuplinetable[n=6,lines=40]

% \setuplinetable[c][1]   [width=2cm,background=color,backgroundcolor=red]
% \setuplinetable[c][4]
[width=3cm,background=color,backgroundcolor=yellow]
% \setuplinetable[c][6]
[width=3cm,background=color,backgroundcolor=magenta]
% \setuplinetable[r][even][background=color,backgroundcolor=green]

\starttext

\startlinetablehead
     \dorecurse{2}{\dorecurse{5}{\NC head #1 ##1\NC head \NC head \NC
head \NC head \NC head} \NC \NR}
\stoplinetablehead
\startlinetable
     \dorecurse{2000}{\dorecurse{5}{\NC cell #1 ##1\NC cell \NC cell \NC
cell \NC cell \NC cell} \NC \NR}
\stoplinetable

\stoptext

a rather old but okay mechanism that splits in two dimensions

Hans

* Re: help with xtreme tables
@ 2021-06-08  8:52       ` Ajith R
From: Ajith R @ 2021-06-08  8:52 UTC (permalink / raw)