* How to create multi-line headers and footers?
       [not found] <1632837177.584660.1675012475510.ref@mail.yahoo.com>
@ 2023-01-29 17:14 ` Joel via ntg-context
From: Joel via ntg-context @ 2023-01-29 17:14 UTC (permalink / raw)

I am creating a template for a 1-page newsletter.
At the top of every page is a huge title, below which is a block with a brief introduction to the newsletter. The body is just 200-300 words each issue--I edit it such that all of the content fits on just one-side, one page. Finally, in the footer, is contact information and some other closing details.

======TITLE <-- big title
............ <-- introduction paragraph
======
-------------------- <-- body text
----------======............ <-- message in footer
======

I tried placing that all into a macro called "\introduction" then calling with this

\setupheadertexts[\introduction]
It seems when placing the macro inside \setupheadertexts, the text is reduced to a single line. Any code involving \frames{} doesn't seem to work normally. Its all compressed to a single line, then centered.
How can I put a mult-line frame or multi-line text in the headers and footers?
--Joel

* Re: How to create multi-line headers and footers?
@ 2023-01-29 21:17   ` Henning Hraban Ramm via ntg-context
From: Henning Hraban Ramm via ntg-context @ 2023-01-29 21:17 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Joel via ntg-context; +Cc: Henning Hraban Ramm

Am 29.01.23 um 18:14 schrieb Joel via ntg-context:
> I am creating a template for a 1-page newsletter.
>
> At the top of every page is a huge title, below which is a block with a
> brief introduction to the newsletter. The body is just 200-300 words
> each issue--I edit it such that all of the content fits on just
> one-side, one page. Finally, in the footer, is contact information and
> some other closing details.
>
> ======
> TITLE <-- big title
> ............ <-- introduction paragraph
> ======
> ----------
> ---------- <-- body text
> ----------
> ======
> ............ <-- message in footer
> ======
>
> I tried placing that all into a macro called "\introduction" then
> calling with this
>
> \setupheadertexts[\introduction]

Better use setups instead of a macros, like in
https://wiki.contextgarden.net/Headers_and_Footers

In setups, you must use explicit space commands, since whitespace
doesn’t matter.

> It seems when placing the macro inside \setupheadertexts, the text is
> reduced to a single line. Any code involving \frames{} doesn't seem to
> work normally. Its all compressed to a single line, then centered.
> How can I put a mult-line frame or multi-line text in the headers and
> footers?

MWE please.

Hraban