* array ?
@ 2004-09-12 10:19 jimarin
From: jimarin @ 2004-09-12 10:19 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi everyone,

in latex is possible to work with matrices.

How can I have matrix, array o something similar in ConTeXt ?

I have been trying with \starttabulate \stoptabulate but my results are
frankly poor?

I also tried some suggestions from the wiki...about importing ams package
from the distro and wrapping \begin \end latex macros with the equivalent
ConText ones but I was not able to make it work with the info provided
there.

Can anyone help me with this?

Thanks in advance !!

Jose Ignacio Marín

* Re: array ?
@ 2004-09-12 11:25 ` Giuseppe Bilotta
From: Giuseppe Bilotta @ 2004-09-12 11:25 UTC (permalink / raw)

Sunday, September 12, 2004 jimarin@bayesinf.com wrote:

> Hi everyone,

> in latex is possible to work with matrices.

> How can I have matrix, array o something similar in ConTeXt ?

Use the amsl and nath modules for ConTeXt. You can find them on
CTAN.

--
Giuseppe "Oblomov" Bilotta

* RE: array ?
@ 2004-09-12 11:51   ` jimarin
From: jimarin @ 2004-09-12 11:51 UTC (permalink / raw)

please forgive my ignorance but...

shall I copy the files

t-amsl.tex
t-nath.tex

into

\texmf\tex\context\base

and then

\usemodule[amsl]
\usemodule[nath]

in my files along with

\array...

?

Is this correct?

Thanks !

jima

> in latex is possible to work with matrices.

> How can I have matrix, array o something similar in ConTeXt ?

Use the amsl and nath modules for ConTeXt. You can find them on
CTAN.

--
Giuseppe "Oblomov" Bilotta

* Re[2]: array ?
@ 2004-09-12 13:25     ` Giuseppe Bilotta
From: Giuseppe Bilotta @ 2004-09-12 13:25 UTC (permalink / raw)

Sunday, September 12, 2004 jimarin@bayesinf.com wrote:

> please forgive my ignorance but...

> shall I copy the files

> t-amsl.tex
> t-nath.tex

> into

> \texmf\tex\context\base

It's probably better to put them under \context\user, and if
possible under the *local* texmf tree, if you have one

> \usemodule[amsl]
> \usemodule[nath]

\usemodule[amsl] should suffice, it provides a (I *hope* LaTeX
compatible) array command

> in my files along with

> \array...

use \startarray ... \stoparray instead of the LaTeX-style
\begin{array} ... \end{array}.

--
Giuseppe "Oblomov" Bilotta

* Re: array ?
@ 2004-09-12 14:43       ` Henning Hraban Ramm
From: Henning Hraban Ramm @ 2004-09-12 14:43 UTC (permalink / raw)

Am 12.09.2004 um 15:25 schrieb Giuseppe Bilotta:
> It's probably better to put them under \context\user, and if
> possible under the *local* texmf tree, if you have one
> \usemodule[amsl] should suffice, it provides a (I *hope* LaTeX
> compatible) array command
> use \startarray ... \stoparray instead of the LaTeX-style
> \begin{array} ... \end{array}.

Giuseppe, would you please add the whole stuff to teh Wiki at
http://contextgarden.net/Math ?
I think it's a FAQ, but I never used Math with ConTeXt, son can't add
it myself.

Grüßlis vom Hraban!
---
http://www.fiee.net/texnique/

* Re[2]: array ?
@ 2004-09-12 15:09         ` Giuseppe Bilotta
From: Giuseppe Bilotta @ 2004-09-12 15:09 UTC (permalink / raw)

Sunday, September 12, 2004 Henning Hraban Ramm wrote:

> Am 12.09.2004 um 15:25 schrieb Giuseppe Bilotta:
>> It's probably better to put them under \context\user, and if
>> possible under the *local* texmf tree, if you have one
>> \usemodule[amsl] should suffice, it provides a (I *hope* LaTeX
>> compatible) array command
>> use \startarray ... \stoparray instead of the LaTeX-style
>> \begin{array} ... \end{array}.

> Giuseppe, would you please add the whole stuff to teh Wiki at
> http://contextgarden.net/Math ?
> I think it's a FAQ, but I never used Math with ConTeXt, son can't add
> it myself.

I just noticed that there is a small note on

http://contextgarden.net/LaTeX_Math_in_ConTeXt

describing, with different words, what I just said :)

"""
The array environment is a notably more complicated
construction. Luckily, it's already been duplicated in Giuseppe
Bilotta's t-amsl.tex package, so we don't have to rewrite it.
(The spacing is somewhat tighter than LaTeX's array, though.)
Using that simply requires the following line at the head of
the ConTeXt document:
"""

I added a minor comment on using \startarray ...
\stoparray after loading the amsl module.

--
Giuseppe "Oblomov" Bilotta