* Narrower paragraphs
@ 2012-11-23 15:00 Procházka Lukáš Ing. - Pontex s. r. o.
From: Procházka Lukáš Ing. - Pontex s. r. o. @ 2012-11-23 15:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ConTeXt

Hello,

I need to temporary narrow the width in which text is typeset, to get something like:

----
Sdflsdf  sjldfg sjfdg sjdfg sjdfg   <- Normal (first) paragraph (no-indent).
sf sjlfg sjdgfjsgfjsdf sgdf jsdgf
sdfg gjh.
    Lsdf  sjldfg sjfdg sjdfg sjdfg   <- Normal (other) paragraph (normal indent).
sf sjlfg sjdgfjsgfjsdf sgdf jsdgf
sdfg gjh.
                                     <- Blank line
   Sdfjhk  skjdhf kh skh fsk ks      <- Narrower (first) paragraph (no-indent);
   skfh  skf s ksk fk sf kh jhd         its width e.g. 0.8 * <width-of-the-normal-paragraph> (\textwidth)
   dfs fsdf.
     Fjhk  skjdhf kh skh fsk ks      <- Narrower (other) paragraph (normal indent).
   skfh  skf s ksk fk sf kh jhd
   dfs fsdf.
     Fjhk  skjdhf kh skh fsk ks
   skfh  skf s ksk fk sf kh jhd
   dfs fsdf.
                                     <- Blank line
   Sdkf sks dfks fhf skdhf kshfk j   <- Normal (next) paragraph (normal indent).
f sfh skfhs kfh skfh skf skdhfkdf
fks fshf shf skhfd ksdhfhks djiuo
dsdhf k.
    Lsdf  sjldfg sjfdg sjdfg sjdfg
sf sjlfg sjdgfjsgfjsdf sgdf jsdgf
sdfg gjh.
----

I tried to play somehow with \(setup)paragraph(s), but it seems the are intended for paragraph-side-by-side setting, like columns do.

Changing \pagelayout changes the whole page layout, whilst I need just to narrow some paragraphs.

Something like:

\defineSomethingLikeParagraph[MyPar][width=.8\textwidth,leftdistance=.1\textwidth,before=\blank,after=\blank,]

And later:

\startMyPar
   \input knuth
\stopMyPar

Is there something like that?

TIA.

Lukas

--
Ing. Lukáš Procházka [mailto:LPr@pontex.cz]
Pontex s. r. o.      [mailto:pontex@pontex.cz] [http://www.pontex.cz]

Tel: +420 244 062 238
Fax: +420 244 461 038

* Re: Narrower paragraphs
@ 2012-11-23 15:46 ` Procházka Lukáš Ing. - Pontex s. r. o.
From: Procházka Lukáš Ing. - Pontex s. r. o. @ 2012-11-23 15:46 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ConTeXt

... I probably found it (how easy!):

----
\definestartstop
   [Rek]
   [before={\blank\setupnarrower[left=\parindent,right=\parindent]\startnarrower},
    after={\stopnarrower\blank},
    style=\em,
   ]
----

Best regards,

Lukas

--

@ 2012-11-23 19:23   ` Aditya Mahajan
From: Aditya Mahajan @ 2012-11-23 19:23 UTC (permalink / raw)

> ... I probably found it (how easy!):
>
> ----
> \definestartstop
> [Rek]
> [before={\blank\setupnarrower[left=\parindent,right=\parindent]\startnarrower},
>  after={\stopnarrower\blank},
>  style=\em,
> ]
> ----

(Untested, as I don't know if narrower accepts indent and style keys; if
not this should serve as a feature request :))

\definenarrower
     [Rek]
     [left=\parindent,
     right=\parindent,
     indenting=next,
     after={\blank},
     style=em]

Aditya

* Re: Narrower paragraphs
@ 2012-11-25 10:30     ` Procházka Lukáš
From: Procházka Lukáš @ 2012-11-25 10:30 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Fri, 23 Nov 2012 20:23:44 +0100, Aditya Mahajan <adityam@cim.mcgill.ca> wrote:

>> ... I probably found it (how easy!):
>>
>> ----
>> \definestartstop
>> [Rek]
>> [before={\blank\setupnarrower[left=\parindent,right=\parindent]\startnarrower},
>>  after={\stopnarrower\blank},
>>  style=\em,
>> ]
>> ----
>
> (Untested, as I don't know if narrower accepts indent and style keys; if
> not this should serve as a feature request :))
>
> \definenarrower
>      [Rek]
>      [left=\parindent,
>      right=\parindent,
>      indenting=next,
>      after={\blank},
>      style=em]
>

> Aditya

Thanks Aditya,

it works excluding the "style" key, so the font change must be performed in the "before" scope:

----
\definenarrower
   [Rek]
   [left=\parindent,
    right=\parindent,
    indenting=next,
    before=\blank\bf,
    after=\blank,
    style=em,
   ]

\starttext
   \input tufte
   \startRek
     \input knuth
   \stopRek
   \input tufte
\stoptext
----

Best regards,

Lukas

[-- Attachment #2: t-Nar.mkiv --]

\definenarrower
  [Rek]
  [left=\parindent,
   right=\parindent,
   indenting=next,
   before=\blank\bf,
   after=\blank,
   style=em,
  ]

\starttext
  \input tufte
  \startRek
    \input knuth
  \stopRek
  \input tufte
\stoptext

[-- Attachment #3: t-Nar.pdf --]

* Re: Narrower paragraphs
@ 2012-11-28 10:09     ` Wolfgang Schuster
From: Wolfgang Schuster @ 2012-11-28 10:09 UTC (permalink / raw)

Am 23.11.2012 um 20:23 schrieb Aditya Mahajan <adityam@cim.mcgill.ca>:

>> ... I probably found it (how easy!):
>>
>> ----
>> \definestartstop
>> [Rek]
>> [before={\blank\setupnarrower[left=\parindent,right=\parindent]\startnarrower},
>> after={\stopnarrower\blank},
>> style=\em,
>> ]
>> ----
>
> (Untested, as I don't know if narrower accepts indent and style keys; if not this should serve as a feature request :))
>
> \definenarrower
>    [Rek]
>    [left=\parindent,
>    right=\parindent,
>    indenting=next,
>    after={\blank},
>    style=em]

Requires latest version of the module (left/right margins are reversed when you set “doublesided=yes”).

\usemodule[annotation]

\defineannotationalternative
  [narrow]
  [   alternative=vertical,
   renderingsetup=annotation:narrow]

\startsetups[annotation:narrow]

    \signalrightpage

    \doifelse{\annotationparameter{doublesided}}{yes}
        {\doifrightpageelse\donetrue\donefalse}
         \donetrue

    \ifdone
        \doadaptleftskip {\annotationparameter {leftmargin}}
        \doadaptrightskip{\annotationparameter{rightmargin}}
    \else
        \doadaptrightskip{\annotationparameter {leftmargin}}
        \doadaptleftskip {\annotationparameter{rightmargin}}
    \fi

      \placeannotationcontent

\stopsetups

\defineannotation