* Bug in math accents
@ 2004-09-21 16:27 Leif Albers
From: Leif Albers @ 2004-09-21 16:27 UTC (permalink / raw)

Two years ago I already posted about following bug. I am
amazed it still occurs in the present (beta) version of
ConTeXt.

When I use math accents (like \tilde) on top of italic
characters in subscripts, they appear displaced.

A trivial example is

-------------------- SNIPP --------------------
\starttext
  $ E_{\tilde s} $
\stoptext
-------------------- SNIPP --------------------

Compare the output to the plain TeX output of
"$ E_{\tilde s} $ \end", and you will see the
difference - watch the position of the accent.

I really like the design of ConTeXt. But as long as this bug
occurs, ConTeXt is useless to me.

Dear developers: *please* send me a reply of some
sort. Writing bug reports is time consuming and should at
least be rewarded with a single line response. Even a
"RTFM - you idiot" is better than no reaction at all.

Thanks,

Leif Albers