* \enableregime, \setupbodyfont and the amsl module
@ 2004-01-13 16:15 Giuseppe Bilotta
From: Giuseppe Bilotta @ 2004-01-13 16:15 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi Hans and all,

a user on it.comp.software.tex just noticed a funny interaction
between the amsl module and an appropriate choice of fonts and
encodings. The following minimal test file shows the problem:

\setupbodyfont[ber,pos]
\usemodule[nath]
\enableregime[il1]
\starttext
\`e è un'attività
\stoptext

Notice that accented letters come out like letters with two
commas below.

The amsl module has to resort to this trick:

%D Font Stuff
%D
%D First of all, we need Fraktur to be loaded correctly, something
%D which ConTeXt doesn't do by default (at least by now)
%D Can't find a better, faster, cleaner way to do it;
%D it should probably be added to ConTeXt default for AMS, anyway

\definebodyfont [12pt,11pt,10pt,9pt] [mm] [mc=eufm10 sa 1]
\definebodyfont [8pt,7pt,6pt]        [mm] [mc=eufm7 sa 1]
\definebodyfont [5pt]                [mm] [mc=eufm5]

%D to make sure they get loaded, we make a font change
%D we restore rm afterwards, not having a way to decide which one
%D was active (anyway, rm is a pretty safe bet when loading
%D a module \dots)

\switchtobodyfont[mm]
\switchtobodyfont[rm]

So I *know* where the problem comes form, but I don't know how
to fix this. Can anybody come up with a sensible solution?

--
Giuseppe "Oblomov" Bilotta

* Re: \enableregime, \setupbodyfont and the amsl module
@ 2004-01-13 16:44 ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2004-01-13 16:44 UTC (permalink / raw)

At 17:15 13/01/2004, you wrote:
>Hi Hans and all,
>
>a user on it.comp.software.tex just noticed a funny interaction
>between the amsl module and an appropriate choice of fonts and
>encodings. The following minimal test file shows the problem:
>

>\setupbodyfont[ber,pos]
>\usemodule[nath]
>\enableregime[il1]
>\starttext
>\`e è un'attività
>\stoptext

maybe i use t he wrong nath module, but here i get propper accented
characters ...

Hans

* Re[2]: \enableregime, \setupbodyfont and the amsl  module
@ 2004-01-13 23:38   ` Giuseppe Bilotta
From: Giuseppe Bilotta @ 2004-01-13 23:38 UTC (permalink / raw)

Tuesday, January 13, 2004 Hans Hagen wrote:

> At 17:15 13/01/2004, you wrote:
>>Hi Hans and all,
>>
>>a user on it.comp.software.tex just noticed a funny interaction
>>between the amsl module and an appropriate choice of fonts and
>>encodings. The following minimal test file shows the problem:
>>

>>\setupbodyfont[ber,pos]
>>\usemodule[nath]
>>\enableregime[il1]
>>\starttext
>>\`e è un'attività
>>\stoptext

> maybe i use t he wrong nath module, but here i get propper accented
> characters ...

You probably have the old version that doesn't load amsl. Try

\usemodule[amsl]

instead of \usemodule[nath]

(and update your nath and amsl modules from CTAN, too ;))

--
Giuseppe "Oblomov" Bilotta