Is there a better (automatic, consistent) way to insert separators between non-instantiated (foot)notes (i.e., where there is at least one \note involved with an immediately preceeding/following \footnote or \note? looking at the source, the obvious hack was apparent but ... not ideal. Maybe I'm missing something obvious, but from what I see: \starttext something that works \footnote[a]{AAAA} \footnote[b]{BB} something that doesn't \footnote[c]{CCCCCC} \note[b] something else that doesn't \footnote[d]{DDDDDDDD} \unprotect\strc_notes_inject_separator\protect \note[b] but can be made to work, but does not adapt to \quotation{normal} \type{\footnote} style/format customizations \footnote[e]{E E E E}% \high{\tx{,}} \note[a] \stoptext It would be great if there were a command that treated a (some command like) \note as a \footnote-equivalent command for typesetting purposes but I'm not sure how/where the appropriate template that could produce this command might go. (And I don't know if there are? footnote-state subtleties that I'm missing that would make this kind of thing non-trivial to implement.)' Many thanks, -K Kevin W. Rudd, Ph.D. CAPT, USN (Ret) Computing Systems Researcher Computer Architecture & Computer Engineering (CACE) Advanced Computing Systems (ACS) Research Program Laboratory for Physical Sciences (LPS) kevin@lps.umd.edu Visiting Research Professor Electrical and Computer Engineering United States Naval Academy rudd@usna.edu Adjunct Faculty Secure, Trusted, and Assured Microelectronics (STAM) Center Arizona State University kevin.rudd@asu.edu