* headline and no indent
@ 2016-05-09 15:19 Andrea Valle
From: Andrea Valle @ 2016-05-09 15:19 UTC (permalink / raw)

Dear all,

I’m finishing a book in ConTeXt. The publisher is pretty happy with the results.
But he asks me:

When opting for paragraph indents, paragraphs following directly after a headline  should no show the indent.

I guess that the first line of chapter/section/subsection should have no indent.
Hmm, how to get this?

For  chapter/section/subsection
I have e.g.

\setuphead[chapter]
[style=\ss\tfc, before={\blank[1cm]\startframedtext[width=local, foregroundcolor=black, background=color, backgroundcolor=bgGrey1, framecolor=bgGrey2,offset=0.25cm,
rulethickness=0.05cm, frame=off, topframe=on,  bottomframe=on]\crlf},after={\stopframedtext\blank[4cm]}]

Is there an available option to be set?

Many thanks

-a-

Andrea Valle
CIRMA - StudiUm
Università degli Studi di Torino
--> http://www.cirma.unito.it/andrea/
--> http://www.fonurgia.unito.it/andrea/
--> http://www.flickr.com/photos/vanderaalle/sets/
--> http://vimeo.com/vanderaalle
--> andrea.valle@unito.it

"This is a very complicated case, Maude. You know, a lotta ins, a lotta outs, a lotta what-have-yous."
(Jeffrey 'The Dude' Lebowski)

Andrea Valle
CIRMA - StudiUm
Università degli Studi di Torino
--> http://www.cirma.unito.it/andrea/
--> http://www.fonurgia.unito.it/andrea/
--> http://www.flickr.com/photos/vanderaalle/sets/
--> http://vimeo.com/vanderaalle
--> andrea.valle@unito.it

"This is a very complicated case, Maude. You know, a lotta ins, a lotta outs, a lotta what-have-yous."
(Jeffrey 'The Dude' Lebowski)

* Re: headline and no indent
@ 2016-05-09 15:35 ` Marco Patzer
From: Marco Patzer @ 2016-05-09 15:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

On Mon, 9 May 2016 17:19:15 +0200
Andrea Valle <valle@di.unito.it> wrote:

> When opting for paragraph indents, paragraphs following directly
> after a headline  should no show the indent.
>
> I guess that the first line of chapter/section/subsection should have
> no indent. Hmm, how to get this?

That's actually the default behaviour when you enable indenting.
Example:

\setupindenting [yes, 1em]
\starttext
  \startsectionlevel [title=Foo]
    \input knuth
    \startsectionlevel[title=Bar]
      \input knuth
    \stopsectionlevel
  \stopsectionlevel
\stoptext

If you receive different results in your text, please create an MWE.

> \setuphead[chapter]
> [style=\ss\tfc, before={\blank[1cm]\startframedtext[width=local,
> foregroundcolor=black, background=color, backgroundcolor=bgGrey1,
> framecolor=bgGrey2,offset=0.25cm, rulethickness=0.05cm, frame=off,
> topframe=on,
> bottomframe=on]\crlf},after={\stopframedtext\blank[4cm]}]

That's all not relevant to indenting. It's best to create a small
*working* example with only the necessary options.

Marco

* Re: headline and no indent
@ 2016-05-09 15:44 ` Wolfgang Schuster
From: Wolfgang Schuster @ 2016-05-09 15:44 UTC (permalink / raw)

> Andrea Valle <mailto:valle@di.unito.it>
> 9. Mai 2016 um 17:19
> Dear all,
>
> I’m finishing a book in ConTeXt. The publisher is pretty happy with
> the results.
> But he asks me:
>
> When opting for paragraph indents, paragraphs following directly after
> a headline  should no show the indent.
>
> I guess that the first line of chapter/section/subsection should have
> no indent.
> Hmm, how to get this?
>

> For  chapter/section/subsection
> I have e.g.
>
> \setuphead[chapter]
> [style=\ss\tfc, before={\blank[1cm]\startframedtext[width=local,
> foregroundcolor=black, background=color, backgroundcolor=bgGrey1,
> framecolor=bgGrey2,offset=0.25cm,
> rulethickness=0.05cm, frame=off, topframe=on,
>  bottomframe=on]\crlf},after={\stopframedtext\blank[4cm]}]
>
> Is there an available option to be set?
You have to add \noindentation after \stopframedtext.

\setuphead
   [chapter]
   [before={\startframedtext},
    after={\stopframedtext\noindentation}]