* Answer blocks potential
@ 2005-12-21 21:30 David Arnold
From: David Arnold @ 2005-12-21 21:30 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hans, Taco, et al,

I've looked at the question-answer block suggestion and it has good
potential for what I want to do. What I need now is a way of
typesetting the blocks as follows.

1. Question           2. Question
3. Question           4. Question

Then, later in the document, I'll unhide the answer blocks.

Is it worth my while to try to use question-answer blocks in an
itemized environment? should I pursue that or try a different tack?

* Re: Answer blocks potential
@ 2005-12-22 10:13 ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2005-12-22 10:13 UTC (permalink / raw)

David Arnold wrote:

> Hans, Taco, et al,
>
> I've looked at the question-answer block suggestion and it has good
> potential for what I want to do. What I need now is a way of
> typesetting the blocks as follows.
>
> 1. Question           2. Question
> 3. Question           4. Question
>
> Then, later in the document, I'll unhide the answer blocks.
>
> Is it worth my while to try to use question-answer blocks in an
> itemized environment? should I pursue that or try a different tack?

no. it can only be used at the outer level

Hans

* Re: Answer blocks potential
@ 2005-12-23  0:45   ` David Arnold
From: David Arnold @ 2005-12-23  0:45 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hans,

OK. Meanwhile, looking to a future fromatting of the exercise set,
brief solutions, and long solutions, do you think it best that I
instruct my colleagues to code in question-answer blocks (LongAnswer,
BriefAnswer)?