* Re:  Can I use OpenType fonts with ConTeXt on Windows right now
@ 2007-04-12 20:05 Paul Schalck
From: Paul Schalck @ 2007-04-12 20:05 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

An easy way to test OpenType fonts with Context/Xetex from scratch under Windows (XP):

1. Get Texlive 2007

2. Install the Context collection with the Texlive Manager (Xetex is included)

3. Create a little test file:

\enableregime[utf]

\definetypeface[myface][ss][Xsans][Arial]%or any else font in your /windows/fonts folder; run "fc-list >namelist.txt" to get them all
\setupbodyfont[myface, 12pt]

\starttext
Hello World!
\stoptext

4. Run "texexec --xtx test.tex"

Sources:
http://wiki.contextgarden.net/Fonts_in_XeTeX
http://www.fsci.fuk.kindai.ac.jp/kakuto/win32-ptex/web2c75-e.html

* Re: Can I use OpenType fonts with ConTeXt on Windows right now
@ 2007-04-13 13:26 Vyatcheslav Yatskovsky
From: Vyatcheslav Yatskovsky @ 2007-04-13 13:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: schickele; +Cc: ntg-context

Hello Paul,

Thanks a lot for help with Xetex+Context on Windows.

And by the way, what is the "uc" encoding? It is not mentioned on http://wiki.contextgarden.net/Encodings_and_Regimes

--
With best regards
 Vyatcheslav  Yatskovsky