Hello, I found that setuptex.bat (like any bat file) sets env. vars only locally in WinXp , that is, for current process. Other windows don't see them. TeXLive took another approach, of setting HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Environment keys, which act globally, and that's why it always worked well. By carefully studying the setuptex.bat, I came to the following registry entries [screeshot attached] But, in spite of endlesless remaking of format files, I always get the error whenever I compile anything: TeXExec | processing document 'FMHelp.tex' TeXExec | no ctx file found TeXExec | tex processing method: context TeXExec | TeX run 1 TeXExec | writing option file FMHelp.top TeXExec | using randomseed 1139 TeXExec | tex engine: luatex TeXExec | tex format: cont-en LuaTools | using format name /cont-en.fmt LuaTools | no luc/lua with name /cont-en LuaTools | LuaTools | runtime: 0.031 secondsTeXUtil | parsing file FMHelp.tui TeXUtil | shortcuts : 0 TeXUtil | expansions: 0 TeXUtil | reductions: 0 TeXUtil | divisions : 0 TeXUtil | loaded files: 1 TeXUtil | temporary files: 0 TeXUtil | commands: 18 TeXUtil | programs: 0 TeXUtil | tuo file saved TeXExec | runtime: 0.218 I'm convincied that I captured all env vars, and that's was right direction, because I have some progress up to the final point where it all fails! Why? Best, Vyatcheslav