* Using mswincontext from the command line
       [not found] <mailman.1239.1188141766.2346.ntg-context@ntg.nl>
@ 2007-08-26 15:58 ` Vyatcheslav Yatskovsky
From: Vyatcheslav Yatskovsky @ 2007-08-26 15:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context-request@ntg.nl

Hello,

I'm back with my old problem of using stand-alone windows context within command line.

I was told that it is possible, but I still cannot figure out how. I have mswincontext extracted into drive I:

"
Directory of I:\context
26.08.2007  18:53    <DIR>          .
26.08.2007  18:53    <DIR>          ..
08.08.2007  15:03               206 cscite
08.08.2007  15:03             2 014 cscite.bat
08.08.2007  15:03            24 702 cscite.ico
08.08.2007  17:31    <DIR>          demo
08.08.2007  17:32    <DIR>          docroot
08.08.2007  17:31    <DIR>          goodies
08.08.2007  17:31    <DIR>          gs
08.08.2007  17:31    <DIR>          perl
08.08.2007  17:31    <DIR>          ruby
08.08.2007  17:32    <DIR>          scite
12.08.2007  04:04    <DIR>          tex
08.08.2007  17:31    <DIR>          xmllib
"

When I run cscite.bat it sets some env. vars, and everything within the sci-te editor works, but nothing is accessible from external command line. For example,

"
C:\>texexec
'texexec' is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file.
"

How to get it work, scince I want to experiment with some nice text editor. (It is Code Browser, unique and free, and the author implemented ConText support for my request, now I'm making the lang file).

Best regards,
Vaytcheslav Yatskovsky

* Re: Using mswincontext from the command line
@ 2007-08-26 16:23   ` Idris Samawi Hamid
From: Idris Samawi Hamid @ 2007-08-26 16:23 UTC (permalink / raw)

Please see the instructions for the notepad++ package, which I announced
on this list some days ago. Following that you should be able to get
whatever application you want to work as you want, including the command
line.

In the meantime try

\> setuptex c:\context\tex [or whatever your path is]
\> texexec

 from the command line. Unfortunately this does not always work in MKIV (I
have not updated to the latest version so I don't know if that has
changed).

In any case, try the notepad++ package if you can. Npp is now at 4.2.2;
the only thing you need to do differently is download and install the
Integrated Explorer plugin manually (it does not come by default in 4.2.2).

Then call the command line from npp (Ctrl-6) and it will do want you want
if all is installed properly.

The ConTeXt support for npp is pretty complete, and I'll post an update to
the package in a few days.

Best wishes
Idris

--
Professor Idris Samawi Hamid
Department of Philosophy

* Re: Using mswincontext from the command line
@ 2007-08-26 16:31     ` Idris Samawi Hamid
From: Idris Samawi Hamid @ 2007-08-26 16:31 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Sun, 26 Aug 2007 10:23:13 -0600, Idris Samawi Hamid
<ishamid@colostate.edu> wrote:

> Please see the instructions for the notepad++ package, which I announced
> on this list some days ago. Following that you should be able to get
> whatever application you want to work as you want, including the command
> line.

More simply, save npp.bat to, say, cmd.bat; and then just change the
following line

start notepad++ "%TEMP%\test.tex"

to something like

start cmd.exe

Then open the command line using the batch file. That should work.

Best
Idris

--

@ 2007-08-26 19:39 ` Vyatcheslav Yatskovsky
From: Vyatcheslav Yatskovsky @ 2007-08-26 19:39 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context-request@ntg.nl

Hello,

I found that setuptex.bat (like any bat file) sets env. vars only locally in WinXp , that is, for current process. Other windows don't see them. TeXLive took another approach, of setting  HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Environment  keys, which act globally, and that's why it always worked well.

By carefully studying the setuptex.bat, I came to the following registry entries

[screeshot attached]

But, in spite of endlesless remaking of format files, I always get the error whenever I compile anything:

TeXExec | processing document 'FMHelp.tex'
TeXExec | no ctx file found
TeXExec | tex processing method: context
TeXExec | TeX run 1
TeXExec | writing option file FMHelp.top
TeXExec | using randomseed 1139
TeXExec | tex engine: luatex
TeXExec | tex format: cont-en

LuaTools | using format name /cont-en.fmt
LuaTools | no luc/lua with name /cont-en
LuaTools |
LuaTools | runtime: 0.031 secondsTeXUtil | parsing file FMHelp.tui
TeXUtil | shortcuts : 0
TeXUtil | expansions: 0
TeXUtil | reductions: 0
TeXUtil | divisions : 0
TeXUtil | loaded files: 1
TeXUtil | temporary files: 0
TeXUtil | commands: 18
TeXUtil | programs: 0
TeXUtil | tuo file saved
TeXExec | runtime: 0.218

I'm convincied that I captured all env vars, and that's was right direction, because I have some progress up to the final point where it all fails! Why?

Best,
Vyatcheslav

[-- Attachment #2: 2007-08-26_222822.png --]
[-- Type: IMAGE/PNG, Size: 22943 bytes --]

* Re: Using mswincontext from the command line
@ 2007-08-26 20:01   ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2007-08-26 20:01 UTC (permalink / raw)

Vyatcheslav Yatskovsky wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I'm back with my old problem of using stand-alone windows context within command line.
>
> I was told that it is possible, but I still cannot figure out how. I have mswincontext extracted into drive I:
>
> "
> Directory of I:\context
> 26.08.2007  18:53    <DIR>          .
> 26.08.2007  18:53    <DIR>          ..
> 08.08.2007  15:03               206 cscite
> 08.08.2007  15:03             2 014 cscite.bat

copy that file, remover the scite startup and run it (in a dos box)

(here I have associated such initialization scripts with the cmd shortcut)

                                           Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE

@ 2007-08-26 20:16   ` Aditya Mahajan
From: Aditya Mahajan @ 2007-08-26 20:16 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Sun, 26 Aug 2007, Vyatcheslav Yatskovsky wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I found that setuptex.bat (like any bat file) sets env. vars only locally in WinXp , that is, for current process. Other windows don't see them. TeXLive took another approach, of setting  HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Environment  keys, which act globally, and that's why it always worked well.
>
> By carefully studying the setuptex.bat, I came to the following registry entries
>
> [screeshot attached]
>
> But, in spite of endlesless remaking of format files, I always get the error whenever I compile anything:

Did you run

luatools --generate

and then

texexec --make --all --lua