* PDF metadata and pdfx keys
@ 2021-09-15  2:38 kauśika cittūr via ntg-context
From: kauśika cittūr via ntg-context @ 2021-09-15  2:38 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context; +Cc: kauśika cittūr

Dear all,

In my documents I use
\setupinteraction
    [
        author={AuthorName},
        title={MyTitle},
        subtitle={MySubtitle},
    ]
to set the document metadata. I also use
\startluacode
    local metadata = lpdf.getmetadata();
    metadata['producer']='author';
    metadata['creator']='author';
\stopluacode
to set the creator and producer. However, the document produced by ConTeXt
still has the user defined keys (pdfx:) written in the metadata. I have gone
through lpdf-xmp.lua, lpdf-ini.lua and back-ini.lua. Yet, I am not able to
figure out how to prevent the pdfx: tags from being written.

Is it possible to prevent them from being written? I prefer not to tamper with
any of the ConTeXt distribution files. In this case, is there something I can
do per-document to prevent these tags from being written?

Please advise.

Thanks,
kauśika

* Re: PDF metadata and pdfx keys
@ 2021-09-15 11:27 ` kauśika cittūr via ntg-context
From: kauśika cittūr via ntg-context @ 2021-09-15 11:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context; +Cc: kauśika cittūr

On Wednesday, September 15, 2021 8:08:34 AM IST kauśika cittūr wrote:
> Dear all,
>
> In my documents I use
> \setupinteraction
>     [
>         author={AuthorName},
>         title={MyTitle},
>         subtitle={MySubtitle},
>     ]
> to set the document metadata. I also use
> \startluacode
>     local metadata = lpdf.getmetadata();
>     metadata['producer']='author';
>     metadata['creator']='author';
> \stopluacode
> to set the creator and producer. However, the document produced by ConTeXt
> still has the user defined keys (pdfx:) written in the metadata. I have gone
> through lpdf-xmp.lua, lpdf-ini.lua and back-ini.lua. Yet, I am not able to
> figure out how to prevent the pdfx: tags from being written.
>
> Is it possible to prevent them from being written? I prefer not to tamper
> with any of the ConTeXt distribution files. In this case, is there
> something I can do per-document to prevent these tags from being written?
>
> Please advise.
>
> Thanks,
> kauśika

Dear all,

I hope my query is clear. For example when I run the command
pdfinfo -meta
on the generated PDF output, there are several 'pdfx:' tags in the XML output.

I am grateful for any help in this regard.

@ 2021-09-15 12:37   ` Hans Hagen via ntg-context
From: Hans Hagen via ntg-context @ 2021-09-15 12:37 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 9/15/2021 1:27 PM, kauśika cittūr via ntg-context wrote:
> On Wednesday, September 15, 2021 8:08:34 AM IST kauśika cittūr wrote:
>> Dear all,
>>
>> In my documents I use
>> \setupinteraction
>>      [
>>          author={AuthorName},
>>          title={MyTitle},
>>          subtitle={MySubtitle},
>>      ]
>> to set the document metadata. I also use
>> \startluacode
>>      local metadata = lpdf.getmetadata();
>>      metadata['producer']='author';
>>      metadata['creator']='author';
>> \stopluacode
>> to set the creator and producer. However, the document produced by ConTeXt
>> still has the user defined keys (pdfx:) written in the metadata. I have gone
>> through lpdf-xmp.lua, lpdf-ini.lua and back-ini.lua. Yet, I am not able to
>> figure out how to prevent the pdfx: tags from being written.
>>
>> Is it possible to prevent them from being written? I prefer not to tamper
>> with any of the ConTeXt distribution files. In this case, is there
>> something I can do per-document to prevent these tags from being written?
>>
>> Please advise.
>>
>> Thanks,
>> kauśika
>
> Dear all,
>
> I hope my query is clear. For example when I run the command
> pdfinfo -meta
> on the generated PDF output, there are several 'pdfx:' tags in the XML output.
>
> I am grateful for any help in this regard.
these run specific entries are 'hard coded' (as are those in fonts
metadata)

(you can of course run the file through a script that replaces what you
don't want (for some reason) by spaces, as long as the bytes stay at the
same place)

Hans

* Re: PDF metadata and pdfx keys
@ 2021-09-15 12:54     ` kauśika cittūr via ntg-context
From: kauśika cittūr via ntg-context @ 2021-09-15 12:54 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Wednesday, September 15, 2021 6:07:09 PM IST Hans Hagen wrote:
> On 9/15/2021 1:27 PM, kauśika cittūr via ntg-context wrote:
> > On Wednesday, September 15, 2021 8:08:34 AM IST kauśika cittūr wrote:
> >> Dear all,
> >>
> >> In my documents I use
> >> \setupinteraction
> >>
> >>      [
> >>
> >>          author={AuthorName},
> >>          title={MyTitle},
> >>          subtitle={MySubtitle},
> >>
> >>      ]
> >>
> >> to set the document metadata. I also use
> >> \startluacode
> >>
> >>      local metadata = lpdf.getmetadata();
> >>      metadata['producer']='author';
> >>      metadata['creator']='author';
> >>
> >> \stopluacode
> >> to set the creator and producer. However, the document produced by
> >> ConTeXt
> >> still has the user defined keys (pdfx:) written in the metadata. I have
> >> gone through lpdf-xmp.lua, lpdf-ini.lua and back-ini.lua. Yet, I am not
> >> able to figure out how to prevent the pdfx: tags from being written.
> >>
> >> Is it possible to prevent them from being written? I prefer not to tamper
> >> with any of the ConTeXt distribution files. In this case, is there
> >> something I can do per-document to prevent these tags from being written?
> >>
> >> Please advise.
> >>
> >> Thanks,
> >> kauśika
> >
> > Dear all,
> >
> > I hope my query is clear. For example when I run the command
> > pdfinfo -meta
> > on the generated PDF output, there are several 'pdfx:' tags in the XML
> > output.
> >
> > I am grateful for any help in this regard.
>
> these run specific entries are 'hard coded' (as are those in fonts
> metadata)
>
> (you can of course run the file through a script that replaces what you
> don't want (for some reason) by spaces, as long as the bytes stay at the
> same place)
>
> Hans

Dear Hans,

I understand now. Thanks for clarifying.

Best,
kauśika