* How can one center or align a float?
@ 2010-04-08  9:10 Otared Kavian
From: Otared Kavian @ 2010-04-08  9:10 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi all,

How is it possible to have a STEPchart be midaligned, or right-aligned, as one may do this with figures, tables, and FLOWcharts?
An example is here:

%%%%%%%%%%%%
\usemodule[steps,mathml]
\starttext
\startbuffer[test-chart]
\startSTEPtable
	\cell {$c=2a+3b$} \text {with $a=5$}
	\cell {$c=10+3b$} \text {and $b=6$}
	\cell {$c=10+18$} \text {we get}
	\cell {$c=28$}
\stopSTEPtable
\stopbuffer
How can one center the following \type{\STEPchart}?
\getbuffer[test-chart]
\stoptext
%%%%%%%%%%%%

I should add that \startalignment[middle], or \placefigure do not have any influence on the alignment of the above example.

Thanks in advance an best regards: OK

* Re: How can one center or align a float?
@ 2010-04-08 10:01 ` Wolfgang Schuster
From: Wolfgang Schuster @ 2010-04-08 10:01 UTC (permalink / raw)

Am 08.04.10 11:10, schrieb Otared Kavian:
> Hi all,
>
> How is it possible to have a STEPchart be midaligned, or right-aligned, as one may do this with figures, tables, and FLOWcharts?
> An example is here:
>
> %%%%%%%%%%%%
> \usemodule[steps,mathml]
> \starttext
> \startbuffer[test-chart]
> \startSTEPtable
> 	\cell {$c=2a+3b$} \text {with $a=5$}
> 	\cell {$c=10+3b$} \text {and $b=6$}
> 	\cell {$c=10+18$} \text {we get}
> 	\cell {$c=28$}
> \stopSTEPtable
> \stopbuffer
> How can one center the following \type{\STEPchart}?
> \getbuffer[test-chart]
> \stoptext
> %%%%%%%%%%%%
>
> I should add that \startalignment[middle], or \placefigure do not have any influence on the alignment of the above example.

You have to adjust it by hand, stepchart use the complete textwidth and
alignments
is useless in this case, use \offset to shift the chart to the right side.

\offset[x=.3\textwidth]{\getbuffer[test-chart]}

Wolfgang

* Re: How can one center or align a float?
@ 2010-04-08 12:28   ` Otared Kavian
From: Otared Kavian @ 2010-04-08 12:28 UTC (permalink / raw)

Thanks Wolfgang, your solution does perfectly what I do need.
I guess the \offset trickery can be used for other floats as well, when fine tuning is necessary.

Many thanks again: OK

On 8 avr. 2010, at 12:01, Wolfgang Schuster wrote:

> Am 08.04.10 11:10, schrieb Otared Kavian:
>> Hi all,
>>
>> How is it possible to have a STEPchart be midaligned, or right-aligned, as one may do this with figures, tables, and FLOWcharts?
>> An example is here:
>>
>> %%%%%%%%%%%%
>> \usemodule[steps,mathml]
>> \starttext
>> \startbuffer[test-chart]
>> \startSTEPtable
>> 	\cell {$c=2a+3b$} \text {with $a=5$}
>> 	\cell {$c=10+3b$} \text {and $b=6$}
>> 	\cell {$c=10+18$} \text {we get}
>> 	\cell {$c=28$}
>> \stopSTEPtable
>> \stopbuffer
>> How can one center the following \type{\STEPchart}?
>> \getbuffer[test-chart]
>> \stoptext
>> %%%%%%%%%%%%
>>
>> I should add that \startalignment[middle], or \placefigure do not have any influence on the alignment of the above example.
>>
> You have to adjust it by hand, stepchart use the complete textwidth and alignments
> is useless in this case, use \offset to shift the chart to the right side.
>
> \offset[x=.3\textwidth]{\getbuffer[test-chart]}
>
> Wolfgang

%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%
Otared Kavian
Département de Mathématiques
Université de Versailles Saint-Quentin
Bâtiment Fermat
45 aveue des Etats Unis
78035 Versailles cedex

Téléphone: +33 1 39 25 46 42
Secrétariat: +33 1 39 25 46 44
Secrétariat: +33 1 39 25 46 46

e-mail: Otared.Kavian@math.uvsq.fr

* Re: How can one center or align a float?
@ 2010-04-08 20:38     ` Wolfgang Schuster
From: Wolfgang Schuster @ 2010-04-08 20:38 UTC (permalink / raw)

Am 08.04.10 14:28, schrieb Otared Kavian:
> Thanks Wolfgang, your solution does perfectly what I do need.
> I guess the \offset trickery can be used for other floats as well,
> when fine tuning is necessary.
You can find a few examples for \offset in the details manual:
http://pragma-ade.com/show-man-27.htm

Wolfgang

* Re: How can one center or align a float?
@ 2010-04-09  4:35       ` Otared Kavian
From: Otared Kavian @ 2010-04-09  4:35 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 8 avr. 2010, at 22:38, Wolfgang Schuster wrote:

> Am 08.04.10 14:28, schrieb Otared Kavian:
>> Thanks Wolfgang, your solution does perfectly what I do need.
>> I guess the \offset trickery can be used for other floats as well, when fine tuning is necessary.
> You can find a few examples for \offset in the details manual: http://pragma-ade.com/show-man-27.htm
>
> Wolfgang

Thanks Wolfgang!
Indeed details.pdf is a great document (with a beautiful design), but since I didn't know how StepCharts used textwidth, I didn' think about using \offset…

Have a nice day: OK

* Re: How can one center or align a float?
@ 2010-04-09  4:36   ` Otared Kavian
From: Otared Kavian @ 2010-04-09  4:36 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 9 avr. 2010, at 00:08, Vyatcheslav Yatskovsky wrote:

> Hi,
>
>> How is it possible to have a STEPchart be midaligned, or right-aligned,
>
> Another way:
> \startnarrower[6*left] \getbuffer \stopnarrower
>
> --
> Best Regards,
> Vyatcheslav Yatskovsky

Thanx Vyatcheslav: your suggestion works perfectly too.
It is always good to have several solutions for a problem…

       [not found] <mailman.445.1270751011.4277.ntg-context@ntg.nl>
@ 2010-04-08 22:08 ` Vyatcheslav Yatskovsky
From: Vyatcheslav Yatskovsky @ 2010-04-08 22:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context