On Monday, March 19, 2012, at 16:41 Mojca Miklavec wrote: > I'm replying off-list. I think that this might be on the list of > forbidden features (one would have to pay to adobe to be able to allow > signing document with TeX). > Mojca > On Mon, Mar 19, 2012 at 10:27, Andreas Schneider wrote: >> Hello, >> >> since  ConTeXt  supports  form  fields  in  PDFs, I wonder whether the >> fields  for  digital  signatures are available as well. If not, please >> consider this a feature request/wish :-) > I'm not sure about it, but I'm tempted to believe that digitally > signing PDFs might be one of "forbidden" functionality that requires > you to buy a licence for Acrobat. Martin Schröder usually posts this > link: > http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adobe_LiveCycle_Reader_Extensions > I have found this article, but I'm not sure if it is really legal: > > http://www.codeproject.com/Articles/14488/E-signing-PDF-documents-with-iTextSharp > Maybe we need a FAQ entry about PDF features somewhere on wiki (or at > any other place). > Mojca That's too bad, although I can see Adobe's reasoning. I thought/was hoping that it was a simply not-yet-implemented feature and not something Adobe Acrobat and Adobe Reader specific. Well, it was worth a shot. Anyway for signing PDFs myself I still use and prefer JSignPDF: http://jsignpdf.sourceforge.net/ That is really neat and supports a lot of very helpful features (like visible signatures). It's just that it isn't a solution for general forms that others should sign, since not all of them are technically versed or willing to install some third party program. That would have been a good use case for ready-made PDF forms with signature fields. Thanks for your answer! -- Best Regards, Andreas