* Including images in included files in subdirectory
@ 2005-09-15 19:54 Giuseppe Bilotta
                   ` (2 more replies)
From: Giuseppe Bilotta @ 2005-09-15 19:54 UTC (permalink / raw)

Situation:

Tree structure:

main.tex
subdir/inc.tex
subdir/fig.1

in main .tex

"
\include subdir/inc.tex
"

in subdir/inc.tex

"
\externalfigure[fig.1]
"

texexecing main.tex doesn't find the figure fig.1

subdir/inc.tex must use

"
\externalfigure[subdir/fig.1]
"

for the figure to be found.

IMO this is a bug. Image should be checked for existence
using as base the directory of the current input file
*first*, then in the others.

--
Giuseppe "Oblomov" Bilotta

* Re: Including images in included files in subdirectory
@ 2005-09-16  9:20 ` Wolfgang Zillig
From: Wolfgang Zillig @ 2005-09-16  9:20 UTC (permalink / raw)

why don't you specify the path to your figures manually?

\setupexternalfigures[directory={path1/subpath1,path2}]

Wolfgang

@ 2005-09-16  9:22 ` Willi Egger
From: Willi Egger @ 2005-09-16  9:22 UTC (permalink / raw)

Buongiorno Giuseppe,

For external figures you should setup the path with
\setupexternalfigures[directory={d:/subdir}]

Kind regards
Willi

@ 2005-09-16 11:30 ` Taco Hoekwater
From: Taco Hoekwater @ 2005-09-16 11:30 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi,

I agree with Willi and Wolfgang's remarks, but I also agree with
Giuseppe that the behaviour is a bit weird. Assuming context
will not be changed, something about this should be written
down somewhere (in manual or Wiki).

Taco

Giuseppe Bilotta wrote:
> Situation:
>
> Tree structure:
>
> main.tex
> subdir/inc.tex
> subdir/fig.1
>
> in main .tex
>
> "
> \include subdir/inc.tex
> "
>
> in subdir/inc.tex
>
> "
> \externalfigure[fig.1]
> "
>
> texexecing main.tex doesn't find the figure fig.1
>
> subdir/inc.tex must use
>
> "
> \externalfigure[subdir/fig.1]
> "
>
> for the figure to be found.
>
> IMO this is a bug. Image should be checked for existence
> using as base the directory of the current input file
> *first*, then in the others.

* Re[2]: Including images in included files in subdirectory
@ 2005-09-16 13:48   ` Giuseppe Bilotta
From: Giuseppe Bilotta @ 2005-09-16 13:48 UTC (permalink / raw)

Friday, September 16, 2005 Taco Hoekwater wrote:

> I agree with Willi and Wolfgang's remarks, but I also agree with
> Giuseppe that the behaviour is a bit weird. Assuming context
> will not be changed, something about this should be written
> down somewhere (in manual or Wiki).

Good point. It's all right if it's WAD (Working As
Designed), but it would be less surprising if it was
documented :)

--
Giuseppe "Oblomov" Bilotta