* utf 8
@ 2002-12-04 17:59 Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2002-12-04 17:59 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi,

I'm uploading a new beta. This one has utf8 as a regime:

   \enableregime[utf]

the xml alternative \useXMLfilter[utf] also works.

Some pending issues: how to deal with the utility files and so. I'll look
into that as soon as i have to deal with utf cq. hav eproper test files.

You should be able to process non western scripts, but the fonts/glyphs are
not yet defind (see unic-0*.tex for how we're going to deal with that).
Unknown glyphs will show up as a small rule, unless you say:

   \chardef\utfunicodetracer=1, 2 or 3

There is also a file:

   http://www.pragma-ade.com/temp/unitest.pdf

just to get an idea of this kind of mapping.

Hans
                                   Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE | pragma@wxs.nl

* Re: utf 8
@ 2002-12-04 21:54 ` Giuseppe Bilotta
From: Giuseppe Bilotta @ 2002-12-04 21:54 UTC (permalink / raw)

Wednesday, December 4, 2002 Hans Hagen wrote:

HH> Hi,

HH> I'm uploading a new beta. This one has utf8 as a regime:

HH>    \enableregime[utf]

Uhm. The name can get confusing in case ConTeXt will support
UTF-16 or UTF-32 in the future ...

--
Giuseppe "Oblomov" Bilotta

* Re: utf 8
@ 2002-12-05  8:56   ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2002-12-05  8:56 UTC (permalink / raw)

At 10:54 PM 12/4/2002 +0100, you wrote:
>Wednesday, December 4, 2002 Hans Hagen wrote:
>
>HH> Hi,
>
>HH> I'm uploading a new beta. This one has utf8 as a regime:
>
>HH>    \enableregime[utf]
>
>Uhm. The name can get confusing in case ConTeXt will support
>UTF-16 or UTF-32 in the future ...

i'm not sure if current tex can do that -)

@ 2002-12-05  9:33 ` Gour
From: Gour @ 2002-12-05  9:33 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hans Hagen (pragma@wxs.nl) wrote:

Hello!

> I'm uploading a new beta. This one has utf8 as a regime:
>
>   \enableregime[utf]
>
> the xml alternative \useXMLfilter[utf] also works.

I must admit I couldn't imagine that the ConTeXt development is so rapid :-)

Since I'm still completely green in ConTeXt, I'm quickly going to download
latest beta and start learning ConTeXt in order to be able to give more input in
its development.

Thank you Hans for providing such a wonderful tool so that I can peacefully say
goodbye to LyX & LaTeX typesetting :-))

> There is also a file:
>
>   http://www.pragma-ade.com/temp/unitest.pdf
>
> just to get an idea of this kind of mapping.

Wonderful job!

Sincerely,
Gour

--
Gour
gour@mail.inet.hr

* Re[2]: utf 8
@ 2002-12-05 10:08     ` Giuseppe Bilotta
From: Giuseppe Bilotta @ 2002-12-05 10:08 UTC (permalink / raw)

Thursday, December 5, 2002 Hans Hagen wrote:

HH> At 10:54 PM 12/4/2002 +0100, you wrote:
>>Wednesday, December 4, 2002 Hans Hagen wrote:
>>
>>HH> Hi,
>>
>>HH> I'm uploading a new beta. This one has utf8 as a regime:
>>
>>HH>    \enableregime[utf]
>>
>>Uhm. The name can get confusing in case ConTeXt will support
>>UTF-16 or UTF-32 in the future ...

HH> i'm not sure if current tex can do that -)

Well, it may be useful for future support of (e-)Omega.

--
Giuseppe "Oblomov" Bilotta