From: Giuseppe Bilotta <gip.bilotta@iol.it>
Subject: Re[2]: Unable to customize publication list
Date: Tue, 20 Jan 2004 12:18:08 +0100	[thread overview]

Tuesday, January 20, 2004 Tobias Burnus wrote:

> Hi,

> On Tue, Jan 20, 2004 at 11:23:23AM +0100, Giuseppe Bilotta wrote:
>> It definitely doesn't seem to work here ...
>> Just to clarify, the \cites[..] do appear with brackets, it's
>> the list that doesn't have them. Using
> Here it works (in the list), the only problem is is the spacing, if the
> item has two digits, the number and the item touch ([22]R. F. ...).

Ok, I finally found the reason why it didn't work here: there
was a

\setuppublications[distance=20pt,sort=author]

after the \setuppublications[numbercommand=\bracketed], and it
nihiled the effect of the previous setuppublications. Changing
the order fixed that. Isn't this a bug, though? Why is
numbercommand being reset?

> Giuseppe Bilotta wrote:
>> Taco Hoekwater wrote:
>> > That's why I choose the bibl-XXX.tex files instead. Making a copy and
>> > editing that is quite easy, or so I thought. (the documentation should
>> > do a better job of explaining this, though).
>> Patching a copy of bibl--xxx was the alternative way I
>> suggested the guy with the problem. But I still think that at
>> least the most common strings should be language-parametrized
>> :)

> While not objecting that words like 'and', 'ed.' and 'editor' could be
> put in m-bib, I think there are so many combinations that it is not
> feasible to add them all. Recently, I checked the bibstyle of the APS
> and while they had two basic styles (revtex4/apspr.bst and apsrmp.bst)
> there are several differences between all journals. bibl-aps.tex for instance
> only implements the version for PRL (thank you Taco, for adding it!).

> In addition, one can not translate certain words that easily. English
> publishing houses make a difference between a new edition, minor corrections
> and a reprint while German 'Verlage' usually bump the 'Auf\/lage' (well not
> always for a reprint). There are more such differences which are listed
> e.g. in The Oxford Guide to Style, but which I don't remember.

I had no idea it was this complex, ok :)

--
Giuseppe "Oblomov" Bilotta