* Enumerations and itemgroups
@ 2002-02-04 16:01 Giuseppe Bilotta
From: Giuseppe Bilotta @ 2002-02-04 16:01 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hello,

I have some question on how to appropriately set the parameters to
achieve the following:

Enumerations:

I'd wish to obtain a layout like the following:

      Normal text. This is a paragraph of norma text, and
   it has normal margins and normal indentation.
Enum 1   This is the enumeration. The head hangs slightly
   in the margin, and the text wraps just like if it were
   normal text.
      This is a new paragraph of the same enumeration. It
   should indent like normal text as well.

So what I want is to
(1) let the head hang slightly in the margin
(2) let the margin for the enumeration be the same as the normal
    text
(3) let the inner paragraphs of the enumeration hang like in
    normal text
but I cannot find appropriate settings for this.

Itemgroups:

I defined two itemgroups as follows:

\defineitemgroup[numbers]
\setupnumbers[each][intro,broad,packed,joinedup][left=(,stopper=),symbol=n,margin=standard]

\defineitemgroup[bullets]
\setupbullets[each][intro,broad,packed,joinedup][symbol=1,margin=standard]

and I notice that there is some inconsistent layout when I mix
them.

For example, if I use 'bullets' as a sublevel of 'bullets', or
'numbers' as a sublevel of 'numbers', there is no empty line
before the inner one (and this is correct).

But if I use 'bullets' within 'numbers' or 'numbers' within
'bullets', an empty line is put before the inner level, like if
joinedup had been ignored. Why is that?

--
Giuseppe "Oblomov" Bilotta

only message in thread, other threads:[~2002-02-04 16:01 UTC | newest]