Am 16.11.2013 um 17:51 schrieb Bill Meahan : > On 11/16/2013 11:00 AM, Keith J. Schultz wrote: >> Hi Bill, >> >> Using a PDF as a basis for creating an Epub ebook is actually a lost cause. >> EPUB is a container format that just wraps around your PDF. I do not know of any >> ereader that can actually adjust the formatting/layout of a pdf in any significantly >> useful way. You are stuck with the formatting in the PDF. >> >> For a EPUB-ebook to adjust properly you need to use HTML5 and CSS. Producing PDF an sticking it into a >> EPUB or MOBI wrapper just does not make sense. >> >> regards >> Keith. > > You are totally misreading what I wrote! Sorry. But, from your original statement: I have followed the steps on the wiki to the letter, using the export-example file provided with the standalone distribution. A PDF generated from the file is exactly what I would expect from an example. The generated epub, however, is useless - all the text is jammed together into one continuous block with no formatting whatsoever. I assumed that the PDF was be put in the EPub- wrapper! According to the EPub standard this can be done! I have to admit that I have not been following the progress done in ConTeXt for creating EPubs/eBooks. Others have answered, and explain what you need to do to get a possibly working EPub. See my comments in my replies to their posts. regards Keith.