[parent not found: <mailman.1.1602669601.31579.ntg-context@ntg.nl>]
* A Spanish introduction to ConTeXt Mark IV
@ 2020-10-14  4:27 Joaquín Ataz López
                   ` (3 more replies)
From: Joaquín Ataz López @ 2020-10-14  4:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

Sorry. By mistake I sent the message as a reply to another one, when in
fact I was trying to start a new thread with it. I'm sending it again (I
think I'll do it right now):

Good morning to everyone.

Although I guess it will not be of interest to most of the list members,
I wanted to communicate that I have written an introduction to ConTeXt
Mark IV in Spanish, which can be downloaded at
https://webs.um.es/jal/docs/introCTX.pdf. Its title is "An Introduction
(not too short) to ConTeXt Mark IV".

ConTeXt is a wonderful document composition system, but there is not
much literature to help you get into it, hence my initiative. The
problem is that I've only been using ConTeXt for a short time and still
have many doubts, so it's possible that the introduction may contain
errors. As it has been written in Spanish I don't think many of you will
be able to read it, but I would appreciate, of course, any suggestions
for improvement. The document is, on the other hand, free and anyone who
wants to include it in any ConTeXt distribution can, of course, do so.
Also, if anyone wants the source files, I have no problem providing them.

I have not based my introduction on LMTX because I think that for
beginners a more stable system, like LuaTeX, is preferable.

Finally, I apologize for my bad English level. I read it reasonably
well, but expressing myself in it is much harder for me.

--
Joaquín Ataz López
Derecho Civil

* Some interaction questions
@ 2020-10-13  9:40 Denis Maier
From: Denis Maier @ 2020-10-13  9:40 UTC (permalink / raw)

I have a few more question regarding interaction/PDF bookmarks and PDF
links:

- How can you ignore Commands in bookmarks? Like when instead of "The
concept of {\em bookmarks}", I'd prefer to just have "The concept of
bookmarks". I know I can just use something like
\startchapter[title=The concept of {\em bookmarks},
                     bookmark=The concept of bookmarks]
But is there an setting for that?

- When clicking on a link, the focus switches to the target page. Is it
possible to go to the line of the target? (Would be nice for switching
between notes and text. Otherwise linking between notes and note markers
would be quite pointless.)

Best,
Denis