Something that has worked for me in the past is not working for me at the moment, and I cannot figure out why: \startsectionblockenvironment [frontpart] \setupuserpagenumber [numberconversion=romannumerals] \setcounter [userpage] [5] \stopsectionblockenvironment \startsectionblockenvironment [bodypart] \setcounter [userpage] [1] \stopsectionblockenvironment gives me roman numerals in the TOC but not on the frontmatter pages, which are arabic. Bodymatter is okay. What could I possibly be doing wrong? Even with a different setup I get the same result: \definestructureconversionset [frontpart:pagenumber] [] [romannumerals] \setupheads[title][sectionconversionset=section] \startsectionblockenvironment[frontpart] \setupuserpagenumber[numberconversion=romannumerals] \setuppagenumber[number=1] \stopsectionblockenvironment Puzzling (for me at least). Julian