* libertine typescript
@ 2010-11-15 16:41 Herbert Voss
From: Herbert Voss @ 2010-11-15 16:41 UTC (permalink / raw)

I like to use the fonts keyboard, outline and shadow
of libertine, defined in a typescrip, e.g.

[...]
\starttypescript[keyboard][biolinumKB]

\definefontsynonym[Keyboard][file:LinBiolinum_Kb-0.5.4][features=default]
\stoptypescript

\starttypescript[outline][biolinumOL]
    \definefontsynonym[Outline]      [file:fxbo] [features=default]
    \definefontsynonym[OutlineBold]  [file:fxbob][features=default]
    \definefontsynonym[OutlineItalic][file:fxboi][features=default]
\stoptypescript

\starttypescript[shadow][biolinumSH]
    \definefontsynonym[Shadow]      [file:fxbs] [features=default]
    \definefontsynonym[ShadowBold]  [file:fxbsb][features=default]
    \definefontsynonym[ShadowItalic][file:fxbsi][features=default]
\stoptypescript

\starttypescript[mylibertine]
[...]
   \definetypeface[mylibertine][kb][keyboard][biolinumKB][default]
   \definetypeface[mylibertine][ol][outline] [biolinumOL][default]
   \definetypeface[mylibertine][sh][shadow]  [biolinumSH][default]
\stoptypescript
[...]

however, this did not work. Where do I have to define the new
commands \kb, \ol and \sh?

This works:

\definefont[keyboard][LinBiolinum_Kb-0.5.4 at 20pt]
\definefont[outline][fxbo at 20pt]
\definefont[shadow][fxbs at 20pt]
\starttext
The layout of my keyboard:\\
{\keyboard qwertz}
it is a german one.\par
{\outline Outline font}\par
{\shadow Shadow font}\par
\stoptext

the output: http://perce.de/temp/x.png

Herbert

* Re: libertine typescript
@ 2010-11-17 15:01 ` Taco Hoekwater
From: Taco Hoekwater @ 2010-11-17 15:01 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 11/15/2010 05:41 PM, Herbert Voss wrote:
> I like to use the fonts keyboard, outline and shadow
> of libertine, defined in a typescrip, e.g.
>     \definetypeface[mylibertine][kb][keyboard][biolinumKB][default]
>     \definetypeface[mylibertine][ol][outline] [biolinumOL][default]
>     \definetypeface[mylibertine][sh][shadow]  [biolinumSH][default]

Hans has the final answer on this, but I suspect that the
second argument to \definetypeface has to be one of the six
predefined font styles (or a \definefontstyle alias to those
six). That limits the  allowable set to:

   [mm]                        [mm]
   [rm,roman,serif,regular]    [rm]
   [ss,sansserif,sans,support] [ss]
   [tt,teletype,type,mono]     [tt]
   [hw,handwritten]            [hw]
   [cg,calligraphic]           [cg]

the reason for that is that for each of those, there is possibly
also a bold, italic, bolditalic etc. font.

Since your special fonts do not have such alternatives, the easier
way is indeed

   \definefont[keyboard][LinBiolinum_Kb-0.5.4 sa 1]
   \definefont[outline][fxbo sa 1]
   \definefont[shadow][fxbs sa 1]

the reason for using 'sa 1' in those definitions is that it will
allow the fonts to scale with the current body font size.

Best wishes,
Taco

* Re: libertine typescript
@ 2010-11-17 16:16   ` Wolfgang Schuster
From: Wolfgang Schuster @ 2010-11-17 16:16 UTC (permalink / raw)

Am 17.11.2010 um 16:01 schrieb Taco Hoekwater:

> Hans has the final answer on this, but I suspect that the
> second argument to \definetypeface has to be one of the six
> predefined font styles (or a \definefontstyle alias to those
> six). That limits the  allowable set to:
>
>  [mm]                        [mm]
>  [rm,roman,serif,regular]    [rm]
>  [ss,sansserif,sans,support] [ss]
>  [tt,teletype,type,mono]     [tt]
>  [hw,handwritten]            [hw]
>  [cg,calligraphic]           [cg]
>
> the reason for that is that for each of those, there is possibly
> also a bold, italic, bolditalic etc. font.

Handwritten and calligraphic have no bold or italic styles, only regular.

> Since your special fonts do not have such alternatives, the easier
> way is indeed
>
>  \definefont[keyboard][LinBiolinum_Kb-0.5.4 sa 1]
>  \definefont[outline][fxbo sa 1]
>  \definefont[shadow][fxbs sa 1]
>
> the reason for using 'sa 1' in those definitions is that it will
> allow the fonts to scale with the current body font size.

You can write separate typefaces and switch between typefaces for outline
and shadow styles but for many cases \definefont is enough. The keyboard
can be written with the symbol mechanism because a new font switch \kb
takes too much code:

\definefontstyle [kb,keyboard] [kb]

\starttypescript [keyboard] [default] [size]
  \definebodyfont
    [4pt,5pt,6pt,7pt,8pt,9pt,10pt,11pt,12pt,14.4pt,17.3pt]
    [kb] [default]
\stoptypescript

\definebodyfont [default] [kb]
  [tf=Keyboard sa 1]

\starttypescript [keyboard] [libertine]
  \definefontsynonym [Keyboard] [file:fxbk.otf] [features=none]
\stoptypescript

\definetypeface [mainface] [rm] [serif]    [libertine] [default]
\definetypeface [mainface] [ss] [sans]     [biolinum]  [default]
\definetypeface [mainface] [tt] [mono]     [modern]    [default]
\definetypeface [mainface] [mm] [math]     [modern]    [default]
\definetypeface [mainface] [kb] [keyboard] [libertine] [default]

\setupbodyfont[mainface]

\starttext
\rm serif \ss sans \tt mono \kb keyboard
\stoptext

Wolfgang