* Bug with ConTeXt and pgfplot library fillbetween
@ 2015-10-26 10:16 Akira Kakuto
From: Akira Kakuto @ 2015-10-26 10:16 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

> \starttext
>
> \the\catcode`|
>
> \catcode`|=12
>
> \catcodetable\ctxcatcodes
>
> \the\catcode`|
>
> \stoptext

mkiv gives 13, and 12.
mkii gives 13, and 13.

Best,
Akira

* Re: Bug with ConTeXt and pgfplot library fillbetween
@ 2015-10-26 16:50       ` Aditya Mahajan
From: Aditya Mahajan @ 2015-10-26 16:50 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Mon, 26 Oct 2015, Wolfgang Schuster wrote:
> Below is a simplified version of your example where the catcode change
> remains even when I try to restore the default settings with
> \catcodetable\ctxcatcodes but I don’t now if this is a bug.
>
> \starttext
> \the\catcode`|
> \catcode`|=12
> \catcodetable\ctxcatcodes
> \the\catcode`|
> \stoptext

This works:

\starttext
\the\catcode`|
\pushcatcodetable
\catcodetable\prtcatcodes
\catcode`|=12
\popcatcodetable
\the\catcode`|
\stoptext

(Note that under \prtcatcode, the catcode of | is 12).
But replacing \prtcatcodes with \ctxcatcodes does not work.

So, one "proper" fix may be add a new catcodetable, say \tikzcatcodes, for
all the catcode changes that tikz does.

Aditya

* Re: Bug with ConTeXt and pgfplot library fillbetween
@ 2015-10-26 10:03     ` Mojca Miklavec
From: Mojca Miklavec @ 2015-10-26 10:03 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Sat, Oct 24, 2015 at 8:45 PM, Aditya Mahajan wrote:

> What is the easiest way to fix this (without patching tikz)?

It would also make sense to ask about the proper patch for TikZ, so
that we could push the patch upstream.

Mojca

* Re: Bug with ConTeXt and pgfplot library fillbetween
@ 2015-10-26  9:53     ` Wolfgang Schuster
From: Wolfgang Schuster @ 2015-10-26  9:53 UTC (permalink / raw)

> Aditya Mahajan <mailto:adityam@umich.edu>
> 24. Oktober 2015 um 20:45
> On Fri, 23 Oct 2015, Wolfgang Schuster wrote:
>

> Thanks!
>
> What is the easiest way to fix this (without patching tikz)?
Ensure that | has always the same catcode in math mode independant of
the catcode in text mode like _ and ^.
> I thought that
>
> \pushcatcodetable
> \usemodule[pgfplots]
> \usepgfplotslibrary[fillbetween]
> \popcatcodetable
>
> should work, but it does not. Why?
>
> Surrounding by \unprotect ... \protect does work, so I am wondering
> what is the difference between the two?
When you use \unprotect … \protect context changes the catcode table
between the group but when you only use push and pop this isn’t the case.

Below is a simplified version of your example where the catcode change
remains even when I try to restore the default settings with
\catcodetable\ctxcatcodes but I don’t now if this is a bug.

\starttext

\the\catcode`|

\catcode`|=12

\catcodetable\ctxcatcodes

\the\catcode`|

\stoptext

Wolfgang

* Re: Bug with ConTeXt and pgfplot library fillbetween
@ 2015-10-24 18:45   ` Aditya Mahajan
From: Aditya Mahajan @ 2015-10-24 18:45 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Fri, 23 Oct 2015, Wolfgang Schuster wrote:

>> Aditya Mahajan <mailto:adityam@umich.edu>
>> 22. Oktober 2015 um 02:52
>> Hi,
>>
>> The following example fails:
>>
>> \usemodule[pgfplots]
>> \usepgfplotslibrary[fillbetween]
>>
>> \starttext
>> \startformula
>>   \left. a \right|
>> \stopformula
>>
>> \stoptext
>>
>> with
>>
>> tex error > tex error on line 7 in file /private/tmp/test.tex: ! Missing
>> \endgroup inserted
>>
>> <inserted text>
>> \endgroup
>> <to be read again>
>> \Ucheckedstopdisplaymath
>> \stopdisplaymath ...math \Ucheckedstopdisplaymath
>>                                                   \par \ifvmode \ifcase
>> \c_s...
>> \strc_formulas_stop_formula ...native \v!formula }
>>                                                   \dostoptagged
>> \dostoptagge...
>> l.7 \stopformula
>>
>> This is a weird bug. Only \left. \right| fails; \left| \right| works
>> correctly. If I remove the fillbetween library, the error goes away.
>>
>> Any hints as to what is happening will be appreciated.
>
> The fillbetween library changes the catcode of the bar character.
>
> \starttext
>
> \the\catcode`|
>
> \usemodule[pgfplots]
> \usepgfplotslibrary[fillbetween]
>
> \the\catcode`|
>
> \stoptext

Thanks!

What is the easiest way to fix this (without patching tikz)? I thought

@ 2015-10-23 16:26 ` Wolfgang Schuster
From: Wolfgang Schuster @ 2015-10-23 16:26 UTC (permalink / raw)