* Re: Verses
@ 2007-12-06 22:24 Vyatcheslav Yatskovsky
From: Vyatcheslav Yatskovsky @ 2007-12-06 22:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: briqueabraque; +Cc: ntg-context-request@ntg.nl

Hello,

I have used these settings (it prevents verses from splitting, and makes an indent for  chorus):

\setupinterlinespace[line=1.5em]
%(optional, but looks better)

\definestartstop
  [verse]
  [before=\vbox\bgroup\startlines,
   after=\stoplines\egroup]

\definestartstop
  [chorus]
  [before=\startnarrower\startlines,
   after=\stoplines\stopnarrower]

but later (don't remember why) I used  the following:

\definestartstop
  [verse]
  [before=\blank\startlinecorrection\ruledvbox\bgroup\startlines,
   after=\stoplines\egroup\stoplinecorrection\blank]

\definestartstop
  [chorus]
  [before=\blank\startnarrower\startlines,
   after=\stoplines\stopnarrower\blank]

\setuplines[before=\nowhitespace,after=\nowhitespace]

Usage example:

 \startverse
I see ya blowin' me a kiss
It doesn't take a scientist
To understand what's going on baby
If you see something in my eye
Let's not over analyze
Don't go too deep with it baby
\stopverse

\startverse
So let it be what it'll be
Don't make a fuss and get crazy over you and me
Here's what I'll do
I'll play loose
Run like we have a day with destiny
\stopverse

I also vote for publishing verse setup  (maybe not this exactly)  at Wiki. I think that good setup should protect from breaking verses, emphasize choruses (if any), and don't introduce excessive vertical spacing.
--
Best regards,
 Vyatcheslav

* Re: Verses
@ 2007-12-07  7:24 ` Xulxer
From: Xulxer @ 2007-12-07  7:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

Hi Maurício,

i am using something like this:

\setupframedtexts[width=\textwidth,frame=off,offset=none,before=,after=,]

\starttext

\obeylines

\subsection{Title}
\startframed
verstext
verstext
verstext
verstext
\stopframedtext

\stoptext

The \startframedtext \stopframedtext prevents the verses from
splitting.

King regards,

Chris

> Hi,
>
> Do you guys have tips on how to typeset verses? There's an item
> for that on the wiki:
>
> wiki.contextgarden.net/Visuals
>
> but nobody filled it yet. If we collect a nice bunch of tips I
> can put them in the wiki.
>
> Thanks for your help, Maurício

* Verses
@ 2007-12-06 20:48 Maurí­cio