* Re[2]: Who uses ConTeXt?
       [not found] <17305357.1025992082275.JavaMail.cpadmin@nassol01>
@ 2002-07-07 11:24 ` Giuseppe Bilotta
From: Giuseppe Bilotta @ 2002-07-07 11:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: ntg-context

Saturday, July 6, 2002 Bruce D'Arcus wrote:

BDA> Hi Giuseppe,

BDA> On this...

BDA> Giuseppe Bilotta wrote:

>>HTML can be parsed by ConTeXt directly. I wonder if some kind of
>>CSS support in ConTeXt could be implemented as well, yes.

BDA> Really??  Where do I find out about this?  I can't find anything about
BDA> in the docs I have, nor on the list archive...

ConTeXt can parse XML documents natively. Look for the XML manual.
The same mechanism can be used for HTML files, AFAIK.

--
Giuseppe "Oblomov" Bilotta

* Re[2]: Who uses ConTeXt?
@ 2002-07-08  7:38   ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2002-07-08  7:38 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: ntg-context

At 01:24 PM 7/7/2002 +0200, you wrote:

>Saturday, July 6, 2002 Bruce D'Arcus wrote:
>
>BDA> Hi Giuseppe,
>
>BDA> On this...
>
>BDA> Giuseppe Bilotta wrote:
>
> >>HTML can be parsed by ConTeXt directly. I wonder if some kind of
> >>CSS support in ConTeXt could be implemented as well, yes.
>
>BDA> Really??  Where do I find out about this?  I can't find anything about
>BDA> in the docs I have, nor on the list archive...
>
>ConTeXt can parse XML documents natively. Look for the XML manual.
>The same mechanism can be used for HTML files, AFAIK.

given that you first clean up the html with for instance tidy (make it into
xhtml or use the asxml switch)

Hans

                                   Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE | pragma@wxs.nl

* Re[2]: Who uses ConTeXt?
@ 2002-07-07 11:23     ` Giuseppe Bilotta
From: Giuseppe Bilotta @ 2002-07-07 11:23 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: ntg-context

Saturday, July 6, 2002 Idris S Hamid wrote:

>> Not that I think ConTeXt has any "competitive" intentions over
>> LaTeX. And it surely misses the AMS power to be of any "real"
>> competition to LaTeX.

ISH> Over here in the humanities I think ConTeXt makes _much_ more sense than LaTeX
ISH> and I hope it does actually compete in that arena.

Over there in the humanities LaTeX is simply not fit :) ConTeXt is
the best thing you can have there, LaTeX is barely useable unless
you overload any class with thousands of pages (ok, at least it
was like this until the memoir class popped up).

>> Hans is working on a ConTeXt-specific editor. It would be nice if
>> he put it out at least in the beta pages, indeed. I'm eagerly
>> waiting to put my hands on it :)

ISH> Ditto!
ISH> I hope it's cross-platform (since I just switched to Linux)!

AFAIK it's in Perl so it should be cross-platform (or easily made
so).

--
Giuseppe "Oblomov" Bilotta