From: "W.H. Dekker" <wybo@servaly.hobby.nl>
Cc: ntg-context@ntg.nl
Subject: Re: documentatie texexec
Date: Wed, 4 Nov 1998 14:48:00 +0100	[thread overview]

Hans Hagen wrote:
> CC: ntg-context@ntg.nl
>
> W.H. Dekker wrote:
> >
> > where  do I find documentation for texexec?
> >
> > I tried (in linux):
> >
> > texexec -help
> >
> > and got:
> >
> >  TeXExec 1.1 - ConTeXt / PRAGMA 1997-1998
> >
> >                warning : ././texexec.ini not found
> >
> > Is -help not yet implemented?
>
> It is. Currently texexec searches texexec.ini (is in the distribution)

Is it? I couldn't find any file texexec.* on the TeXLive3 CD

> on the path where texexec.pl is present. You need to set up this ini
> file (not that hard to do for a perl expert like you).

OK, now I see why I did not understand the message: you give a
warning, and then die. While I thought: this is a warning only, so why
don't I get this help?

So instead of:

else
  { print "               warning : $IniPath not found\n" ;
    exit }

you should write:

else die "               fatal: $IniPath not found\n";

I then created a ./texexec.ini containing:
set TeXExecutable   to pdftex
set TeXFormatPath   to /TeX/texmf/web2c/
set ConTeXtPath     to /pragma/sources/

and tried again:

/home/wybo/context>texexec t.tex

 TeXExec 1.1 - ConTeXt / PRAGMA 1997-1998

                 error : ConTeXtPath set to unknown path /pragma/sources
            executable : pdftex
                format : /TeX/texmf/web2c/cont-nl
             inputfile : t
                output : standard
             interface : nl
               TeX run : 1

sh: /TeX/texmf/web2c/cont-nl: No such file or directory

              run time : 0
/home/wybo/context>ls /TeX/texmf/web2c/cont-nl*
/TeX/texmf/web2c/cont-nl.fmt
/home/wybo/context>

So texexec doesn't find the format file although it is there!?

(I saw the error about ConTeXtPath but
1. I dont know what this should be and
2. it seems that texexec doesn't use this path.)

--
Hartelijke groet,
Wybo